Author Topic: Lords of Creation OOC Thread  (Read 31846 times)

Berard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Creation OOC Thread
« Reply #60: June 18, 2011, 06:14:53 AM »
Dragons

Much like their names, these creatures resemble your standard dragons (from Dungeons and Dragons) and as such, live longer lives than other living beings. For the time being, when in their dragon form they do not breathe fire, but rather the wind that they create with their wings is enough to rip trees from the ground. While in their humanoid form, they resemble what was depicted in the IC. Pointed ears, eyes that resemble those of a dragon, their teeth are sharper, and their senses are heightened.

Draconis

A small country, like Belgium. (~10,000 sq mi.) Draconis is the island that the Dragons reside on. The edges are rough and do not allow for ports to be created. Towards the center of the island is a lush forest and at the center is a tree larger than the others. This tree marks the home of the Dragons and traveling here is not an easy feat as the Dragons will not take kindly to any intruders on their land.

Nill

Nill is Celona's Avatar, manifested on the island of Draconis in order to lead the Dragons down a pre-ordained path that the god has come up with herself.

Pharos

The dragon that Celona placed the Dragon Heart into upon creation. He has a strong sense of loyalty to Celona, and will serve her until he perishes. He is easily identified by checking for a unique pattern on his chest resembling the leaf from a maple tree without the stem.

Spero

The dragon that Celona made a hero out of. She is on par with Pharos and will eventually become his partner. She is also identified by the same mark on her chest. (Although I do not suggest groping the dragons chest while looking for the mark.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:19:18 AM by Berard »

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 18, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »
Perth

Your most recent IC post contains several issues. See my PM and please correct them ASAP. If not dealt with by rollover the entire post will have to be voided.

Modified.

And replied to private message. Let me know if I'm still erring.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 18, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
Modified.

And replied to private message. Let me know if I'm still erring.

Looks good, I'll add your things to the list tomorrow.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 18, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »
So has roll-over occurred yet? May I work my magic 8)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 18, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
Roster has been updated.

So has roll-over occurred yet? May I work my magic 8)

Quote from: ^ban^ link=topic=682.msg11744#msg11744
At Saturday @ 1200 EST, you acquire a small sum of AP.
The Stefanovics live.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 21, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
I find it a bit disconcerting that none of the new characters have posted yet... is there something I missed here? :/
The Stefanovics live.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 21, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »
I find it a bit disconcerting that none of the new characters have posted yet... is there something I missed here? :/

I was a bit busy over the weekend and Mondays are always a busy day for me.

But, I think I got mixed up on who was posting what. Were you going to post the part your character plays in Laune's creation or was I?

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #67: June 21, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
I was taking a bit of time to post this since I got a bit mixed about what's Sun and what's Moon in this world, but I'm posting anyway. I suppose if something changes I can ask the mods for permission to change here?

Name:  Sophia, the Pale (will probably change as she develops a bit?)
Played By: Bluelake (Tali)
Symbol: A full moon crossed by a sword, must be tied to a chain.
Home: The Void
Domains: Moon, Love
Favored Weapon: Sword
Divine Powers: Mythic, Lifegiver
Extra artifact: Utility

Sophia, as opposed to Nicolai, is mischievous, but not in a bad way. She is curious towards everything, especially towards what the other gods are creating around the material world. She won't often appear as an avatar in front of the earthly creatures, but will always try to meddle in their lives. She promotes the feeling of love, love for another creature, love for knowledge, love for battle, love for whatever she thinks can make the world more interesting.

She usually approaches the earth at night, when the darkness covers forbidden yearnings and plans, and the moon is a token of hope for her followers. She carries a sword to symbolize a close battle for something you love.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 21, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
I was a bit busy over the weekend and Mondays are always a busy day for me.

But, I think I got mixed up on who was posting what. Were you going to post the part your character plays in Laune's creation or was I?

I've actually been waiting for you to log on IRC so that things could flow smoothly. lol
The Stefanovics live.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 21, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
Weekends I usually leave my laptop behind and go have some.. fun recreational activities with my friends  ::)

But I'll do my intro sometime today!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 22, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »
Ghost

A ghost is a half-ethereal half-material being, a soul of a dead man returning to the material plane. The reasons are usually very violent, humiliating or for some other reason suffered deaths, which the person denies to accept. Instead of joining the afterlife, he stays in a limbo until some force allows him to travel back to the material plane to finish its business. The problem is that usually the same force that brings them back also controls them to do their bidding. The ghosts will always try to fight its control, indirectly acting against the controller, but are unable to act directly against him. Should a ghost be killed, its soul is effectively destroyed.

The ghosts can walk through material structures, but not through material live beings, for their own souls act as a barrier. Water slows them down, draining their energy (but not damaging them).
They could be said to be rather weak, but not many types of damage can hurt them. They have very high Damage Reduction against most material-based attacks, and are only vulnerable to fire and magical attacks.
A ghost may wield a phantasmal weapon, if he had one in life, dealing normal physical damage with it, or can use a draining touch, with which he can heal himself.
Never can ghosts leave a certain area they are bound to, unless someone controlling them orders them to, and even in such case, it will cost them, as if they were moving through more thick air.

A single ghost should not be extremely dangerous, though it would be very hard to kill by physical means. A pack of ghosts, however, can severely threaten lives. Explaining: an adventurer finding a ghost in an old manor might be unable to kill it with only a sword, or a small torch. It is unlikely that the ghost will be able to pose a real threat for his life, unless he acts with extreme carelessly. A regular priest or wizard should be able to deal with such creature. An adventurer in the middle of a cemetery at midnight discovering that is the time the whole buried dead men awake as ghosts, on the other hand, will find himself in an almost-sure-death situation.

Walking Corpse

A walking corpse is a an animated corpse of very limited intelligence, lower than most animals. It's sole purpose is to seek living flesh, but it's a doomed quest, for as soon as he strips the life out of their targets, they see a new undead before them, and they have to keep seeking a new food source. Its intelligence is similar to that of a mammal animal.

They can survive in rural areas by hunting animals down and feeding on them, while also attacking unwary travelers. In more densely populated areas it is unlikely to find them, unless contained by necromantic magical means, or in large hordes ravaging the land.

Walking Corpses are particularly resistant to piercing and bludgeoning attacks, being more easily hurt by slashing them, burning them or by magical means.

Walking Skeleton

A Walking Skeleton is a being with no purpose or motivation other than it's masters'. He won't act or move unless having received an order to in the given context, but never on its own initiative. It can be seen as the simpler undead, and it works with absolute loyalty to turn into reality the requests of the Necromancers that usually raise and control them. They need to receive rather simple commands, like "kill everyone who passes through the door" or "kill all the goblins", but cannot understand more complex demands like "kill all those who threat the safety of the princess". On the other hand, for its deeper connection with the controller, it can get implicit orders. In that sense, if the controller knows how to pilot a vessel, it can order the skeleton to "sail", and the skeleton will understand what the controller understand for "sailing". If the controller has no idea of how to navigate, the skeleton won't be able to do more than what the controller might attempt by himself. Its own individual intelligence is similar to that of an insect.

They are rarely found without a master, in which times they can be easily confused with an inanimate pile of bones, and normally are found either in the lair of Necromancers, be it in the reclusive wilderness or in dark corners of cities.

Walking Skeletons are particularly resistant against piercing and slashing attacks, but are extremely vulnerable and can hardly sustain much bludgeoning damage. Magical and burning attacks will also hurt them quite badly.

Lich

A Lich is a being of immense power, and can be seen as semi-gods. It is the voluntary abdication of life for an eternity of negative-energy-fueled unlife, and seemingly unlimited power. They can drain life from people like a ghost, have an immense magical repository, and usually those who reach such state they also have very vast magical knowledge and resources.

An extremely rare sight, a Lich's presence is never unnoticed for long. They can even destroy realms with their vast power. For they tend to be chased and destroyed by their neighbors, since they are a constant threat, they are usually governing territories with low to no alive population, in hard-to-access lands. That is, of course, when they are not governing large empires of subdued mortal populations.

A Lich's body will be similar to a very well preserved Walking Body, and if sustaining enough damage will decay into that of a Walking Skeleton. Draining enough life, he'll be able to regenerate it back into the better state.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:01:11 AM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #71: June 25, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Wolves

Wolves are the first children of Sophia, the Pale. They can come in all colors and shades of black, white, brown, gray, ranging to golden and red, but there usually few colors within the same region. Their animal nature makes them see the world in simple colors, and they are often surprised about the difficulty that other sentient life forms feel to know right from wrong. They live in hierarchical packs, hunting in groups and worshiping the goddess who made them. They are mostly nightly creatures, but function under daylight just as well, when necessary. They form lifelong couples, and their friendships see no boundaries. To be accepted as a couple, they must prove their bond before the pack, with a test made by the eldest wolf. This is one of the few rites the packs have.

They are sentient creatures, but they don't have the inherent ability to actually talk or write. Their language is extensive and complex, based on groans, gestures and a primitive ability to connect their minds (only used for really complicated interactions). Usually, such ability is stronger in pups, and start to fade as they start to use the external language for most conversations. A wolf must always practice, or he can lose it completely. The ability to connect their minds is also a sign that distinguish the two types of wolves: the Wolves from the Mythic Wolves. The stronger the ability, more likely it is for the wolf to develop as a Mythic Wolf, though other signs might also show at a young age. The Mythic Wolves are stronger, more agile, and are able to communicate freely with each other through their minds. They are able to use limited magic, related to the power of their Goddess, and it is believed they can hear her voice in their minds. Among the wolves, they are the most free from their instincts, and often travel to meet a companion of another race that hears the call of Sophia. Mythic Wolves most basic magic is the ability to voice out his thoughts in languages he understands (not through their mouths, note it, and they have to know the language to be able to voice it out). The Mythic Wolves powers are much more effective in night time, so they tend to avoid daylight whenever possible.

They are organized in packs with strict hierarchy, based on strength, intelligence and wisdom. The Mythic Wolves are always at the top, so it is not unusual that common wolves try to kill them while they're still pups. It is also a sign of strength for a pack to have many Mythic Wolves, and attests for the quality of their gene pool. It is transmitted genetically, but not with a large amount of certainty. Some of the greatest Mythic Wolves were born from both common parents and had brothers and sisters at the lowest rank in the pack. However, out in the world are many packs of wolves who slowly degraded into wildness, killing their Mythic pups and ignoring whatever trace of culture they might have had. Their intelligence is the same, but the wisdom is greatly diminished, and it might be dangerous to cross their paths.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:43:48 PM by Bluelake »
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 27, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
Sorry guys, I've been having net problems the last few days.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #73: June 27, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »
Name: Torus <--Color-coding for your convenience.
Played by: Artemesia
Symbol: Red Lotus
Home: The Void
Domains: Changes, Knowledge
Preferred Weapon: Explosives
Divine Powers: Organized, Mythic
Extra Artifact Slot: Utility

A practical god who is curious about the creations of his fellow gods. Rarely creating anything of his own, he prefers to lead the creations of other gods down his path. Torus wants to see how far any lifeform can progress, as his stance is that he is a tuner among gods. What life they create he modifies. Societies that seek knowledge of their world, heroes who rise and lead their worlds, all come and go, and new ones arrive. The appearances may change through time, but the pursuit of knowledge remains.

But as curious as Torus is of low lifeforms, they simply are that: low. He does not care much for individual creations, only how far they advance before failing. Advances in technology and renowned scientists are the results Torus likes to see. But as a result of his meddling with other gods' creations, he can have varied relationships with them. Some may like his help in raising their creations, while others do not enjoy his interference.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:48:55 AM by Artemesia »

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 28, 2011, 12:31:12 AM »
stuff about pink

The forum supports HTML in the [color] tag, such as: [color=#XXXXXX][/color]. Something like this can help find specific web-supported colours if you aren't too familiar with them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:44:45 AM by ^ban^ »
The Stefanovics live.