Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 133993 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #150: February 20, 2016, 12:23:37 AM »
The only complaint I have about the Buy Region is it is totally useless these days as any sort of in-game roleplaying event.

I've had characters state, "I know you used the buy region option".

I've had characters ask me, "Can you use the buy region option"

I've heavily rp'd the event and still had characters ban me or take in-game action based on "you bought the region"

I rarely even have characters ask my character "what happened". they already know what happened - I clicked the "Buy Region" link, and that's all the effort they have time for.

There is a specific RP message that goes out about what "happened" in-game, and you are welcome to RP that you doubt the story, but no one gives enough of an eff to even bother anymore.

With the most recent update (today), some fixes went live that should once more not only make it possible to buy the region at the turn, but for regions to revolt at the turn and select a noble passing through as their new Lord. This gives the option of having plausible deniability when using the feature.

I suppose I could start complaining to the Titans, but really - it's too often, and the Titans aren't quick enough on these things to fix the damage in time.

And the Titans are not the RP police, so they should simply reject any such complaint.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan