Author Topic: 'Beluaterranism'  (Read 17793 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: 'Beluaterranism'
« Topic Start: June 14, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
The idea is interesting, but reading the wiki, don´t know, sounds too much like cristianity, the idea of heaven and hell and the creation story (god created everything and then created a man and a woman? too biblical)

Besides, with the idea of god drinking blood for power, would open for the nobles to do the same...and don´t we have a blood cult in BT already(i may be mixing islands, so please correct me if I´m wrong)

I like the idea of creating religions but, like Tom said, we should avoid too many similarities with the existing religions...

That is unavoidable, especially for a monotheistic one.
In history, the most 'sucsesful'(in terms of beeing used/followed by most numbers) religions have alot in common.
And the thing they have most in common is perhaps the genesis found in Sumerian(and other later Mesopotamian societies), Jewish, crisitian and muslim faiths, which your referring to.
Its a hell of a trick to avoid all this or something like this when trying to achieve the goals i have set.
If god is the greatest being in existence, then anything that is is because of him and the things that are most similar to god are thus more devine.

How would your monotheistic genesis look like? god waved his pancy little magic sceptre and poof! there is humanity? Please tell me.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog