Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 131465 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Reply #15: June 20, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »
I've heard of knights in some realms on FEI receiving only 16-30 gold per tax. Such small amount seriously reduce the options and fun of knights in my opinion, and results in them constantly requiring handouts to support a decent unit. I'm sure some realms do this to ensure that the Lords/Dukes can dish out gold to the most "active" nobles, but to me its far too much micro control over the realm, to the detriment of some of the player base.

You won't believe how many times I've had to smack a lord in Darka for giving a knight a crappy oath that gave a 10-15 gold income from the region. It's not necessarily greed from the dukes/council that cause such problems. The lords of especially rural regions just often don't seem to realize that they will have to put up 50-60% of the regions income in total to oaths to give their knights a decent income.

In that sense the oldest tax system we've had was quite a bit better for retaining new players since everyone was guaranteed a decent income right off the bat since all the tax income of the realm was pooled and distributed fairly equally.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.