Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 131441 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Reply #300: August 12, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »
I think the types of players who prefer Dwilight are different from the types that like Atamara and EC. Obviously there is a bit of overlap, but I see Dwilight players being newer to the game, more aggressive about creating their own fun, more likely to "march to their own drummer".

I see Atamara and EC as old and tired, and unlikely to bother recruiting a bunch of friends.

I believe every continent attracts different kind of players. Now, since we have many characters, we'll also play on islands which aren't our favorites.

My favorite continent is EC, by far. I've got 2 characters there for a reason. The diplomacy being done in the north impacts the south in a very tangible way, and vice versa. The island is one unit where many moves have ripple effects across the entire island.
Then comes Far East. The same map but even smaller. The reason I like it less than EC is that it has a tendency to be more quiet, and it has a little too few regions.

Dwilight, the one everyone seems to like so much is so far the most boring one for me. Most of the time, it is too hard to even keep the regions the realm owns stable so it becomes beaurocracymaster deluxe over there. The wars are very few considering the size of the continent (due to everyone focusing on region stability before even being able to think of war), and you must marsch a long way to attack someone. The fights you do have are against undead and monsters and I'm one of those who always enjoyed battling against other players way more than monsters. Fighting the monsters is just another way to play beaurocracymaster. You fight them so they'll stop terorizing your regions. It's like a harsh court that you sometimes must chase around the kingdom.. I've only had characters in 2 of the realms of course, but that is my experience.

Then I've discovered more of what seems to be OOC-clan related on Dwilight, which spoils the fun abit. I have no evidence though :/

So basically, EC rocks, Far East is good and the rest sucks ;) Hopefully, my opinion of Dwilight will change with time, and perhaps the new estate update will help. We'll see.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)