Author Topic: Government system misleading?  (Read 4263 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Government system misleading?
« Topic Start: June 20, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
I was just thinking about something. In the old days, Monarchy, Republic, Democracy, Tyranny, Theocracy, these all carried with them decided rules and titles. Some let the lords have more votes than other nobles, some let the General be elected while some systems had him be appointed. The titles of the council members were also decided by which government system it was (i.e dictator, king or prime minister). We could all know which rules applied even before we joined a realm just by looking at the government system.

But now I've found tyrannies which are less tyranic than moncharies, and other monarchies which remind me more of the old form of democracy.

The wiki page about Government systems surely needs to be updated for starters.

What is really the use of telling the new nobles which government system it has when it seems to hold little significance? Even the titles are all mixed up now. Storm General, King in a tyranny (which of course is natural, which dictator calls himself a dictator? ;) Although I kinda liked it in the game), High Chancellor for a judge, Imperial Chancellor (different realm) for a banker and so on.

Can you somehow see these rules before you join a realm? I think I made the mistake of just looking at the government system which is, as you can see, completely misleading these days.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:51:02 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)