Author Topic: Government system misleading?  (Read 4184 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Government system misleading?
« Topic Start: June 21, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »
Customizations of elections options left many other things rather pointless, while the only IC "benefit" is that rulers can now praise themselves for being "democratic"  by switching more and more positions to elected ones.

That is mostly counterproductive. It is anyhow hard to remind people to separate RL understanding of being democratic from medieval background, and more options to being "democratic" makes things only worse.

I cannot easily understand how that customization was accepted at all.

Or I can, seeing how swiftly gender sign (which really has little to do with medieval things) came on top of messages  :(

Name aside, the different government systems do work differently. Democracies have more peaceful dissent (protest instead of riot), but harsher police work is more difficult, while kings help with morale and control simply by being present in a region, for example. The rules from who can appoint himself to what also varies greatly according to the government system, and as such you can never have a ruler in a democracy, no matter how tyrannic he is, appoint himself as a duke.

That being said, I do think that the government details are way too *easy* to switch, and have always said so. That might just be me being too old school, though. I otherwise like customization.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron