Author Topic: Government system misleading?  (Read 4193 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Government system misleading?
« Topic Start: June 21, 2011, 08:04:21 AM »
How about this. Instead having deciding upon a government system when creating a colony or finishing a rebellion etc. How about choosing the level of overall government power (e.g. high, medium or low.) Notice that this would not affect the hierarchy, just the government. So it's really a degree of how much the government can intervene with the traditional hierarchical strucuture which would not be negotiable (at least on Dwilight.)

The levels of government control (ranging from low to high) would have control over things like protest or riot, the rulers impact on a local population, the judge's ability to ban powerful people e.g. dukes and so on so forth.

The actual name of the government should be decided upon the traditional means of government transformation (i.e. rebellion, colonization etc) and then not be changeable unless rebellion or anarchy occurs.

This would go along with being unable to edit certain government parameters such as the power allocated to each position (I know this isn't active yet) and position names. We should still allow other changes such as appointment or election (perhaps not for the ruler?) Also, parameters such as election terms (or appointment) and title names should be allowed to be changed in the realms first month of new government.

To illustrate:

Bob goes founds a colony; Keplerstan. He assigns the government of Keplerstan medium power of intervention in the traditional hierarchy and officially names it the "Holy Kingdom of Keplerstan," (he intends this to be a theocracy of Keplerism.) The ruler, named the Supreme Deity is set to be elected once only, he is set to command "strong" power. The rest of his council, Servant 1, Servant 2 and Servant 3 are all to be appointed and they hold "weak" power.

Because Bob has made himself a "strong" ruler and his government having "medium" strength overall. This makes Bob a relatively powerful ruler. For example, he could single handedly relieve any of the other government members of their roles (because of their relative power difference to him) but he could not appoint a duke with no claim without serious repercussions (as his government only has medium strength.)

Later when Bob dies and Doug is elected, he is allowed to change Servant 1 to be elected monthly but can't change the title name of Servant 1 and cannot stop him from holding "weak" power. Doug also cannot change his own 1-time election.

Ideas? Please be constructive, I don't mean all this too seriously ;)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm