Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125950 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #150: August 29, 2016, 01:18:07 AM »
Or you can join other realms. Or you can try negotiating with realms with multiple cities to move more inland. If you can't hold your current regions, might as well abandon it and look for a new place.

I am not a big fan of this gradual push from monsters. If I were a dev, I would have straight up drawn a line. Everything under the line would have been given 2 months to get the hell out. Then I'd bulldoze the area.

Good that I am not in charge.

So what do you think is the good way to deal with the current situation? Realms to need to lose regions. That won't change. There are too many regions held by players. What would you suggest to reduce it and make realms move closer to each other?

Zakky, you realize that you just said you'd do the whole thing that ruined Dwilight in the first place. You seem to be blind to the issues here and quick to pass the blame onto the players. We can't just keep shrinking the land area forever you know, eventually we'd get to the point where the game mechanics no longer work as designed and interaction ceases. If you pack in the realms too closely, then it becomes a one-way political track where we get a situation like Far East where all the countries are either on one side or the other, diplomacy becomes overly simplistic and predictable, and Battlemaster ceases to be anything but a game where a continent needs resets after a certain amount of time because a realm has "won" the continent.