Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126719 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #210: November 22, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
I have a couple of points to make:

1. The whole point of the rogue is to make the West mipossible to conquer. The simple reason is, before that happenned nobles were spread too thin and there was no reason for conflict. It was really boring. Players need to understand that too much expansion room is no good.

2. The previous situation worked better, when the monsters were confined to the west. Then realms could focus inward and human wars and conflict were more likely. For example the massive war with Luria Nova against most of the island.

I suggest the best solution is to confine the rogue hordes to the west again, and make the west unlivable. That will force all knights to turn eastwards and interesting wars will start again.

Point one is something I disagree with a lot. The West was the only part of Dwilight that actually had any meaningful politics. Asylon and Astrum were constantly fighting each other with a couple realms whose alliances would often shift, Barca and a couple other realms had carved out a part of the Southern West and were involved in several wars themselves. Most of these realms weren't solidly within SA's grasp, pretty much the exception regarding that for most of the continent. And they were all the most densely populated realms noble wise by a wide margin, so when you speak about "being spread too thinly" is something I disagree with and I feel you have not fully analyzed the situation. I thought we had already agreed that the monster invasion was a massive mistake in the first place, but apparently some people just refuse to learn.

*I made it friendly readible for you, you're welcome. Cheers Gabanus*
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:27:34 PM by Gabanus family »