Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126937 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #255: November 24, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
Combine this with a higher difficult to TO rogue regions when density is too high (this will avoid expansion) but still allow TO's of other realm regions (or regions that recently went rogue (last month?) to go at normal speed. This would facilitate normal war between wars and allow realms to retake some regions also if they lose it, so as to not force unnatural shrinking and abuse during war fare.

In my opinion we should also remove the long distance penalties allowing for 2 types of warfare for those who wish and wish to take the risk. But this is a different matter and I understand it's sensitive among the devs, so please do see the earlier 2 recommendations separate from this one as they'll function without as well.

I like these ideas, especially the first one.
If there is no lord available for the region thats about to be TO, it could even be made impossible.
The people aren't convinced they can be ruled if the TOing realm doesn't even have a noble available to become its lord.

Making a long march easier like during the ice age(emigration code) might also work, but i am not so sure if any realm will use it.
Some realms like Madina cant really expand anywhere and will most likley be hit the strongest even with seazone travel for rogues.
Its nobles could pack there stuff and march north east to take a new capital from one of the existing realms.

Another idea could be to temporarily make it easier for adventurers to become a noble, perhaps one recommendation is enough.
This will create a small spike of noble count, helping noble density along the way without damaging or destroying realms.
Sure, they might not always be that welcomed by the local nobility due to their questionable nature, but i am sure this could make a difference.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog