Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125665 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #300: April 01, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »
Yea, well... when Luria was broken, Madina could have decided to get back at it for that shameful treaty. I get why Fissoa bowed down after being pummeled, but Madina had much better natural barriers.

My point is that the only time I remember Madina getting involved with other realms of its own accord was back when D'Hara seceded from Shadovar, and aspired to expand up to Paisly, which Madina considered its own domain. After their initial fights, which Madina lost 100%, Madina never again declared war on anyone. Falkirk, as far as I recall, were the aggressors and declared the war on Madina. And if they didn't... well, you don't get much credit for joining in against blatant multi abusers that late and that reluctantly. Had Madina ceased existing long ago, and never had been reformed in any way, the island completely removed from the game, it wouldn't have had any impacts on any other part of the continent. Because they just don't involve themselves and their positioning makes their PvE inconsequential, not to mention extremely linear and non-stimulating. Even Westgard, who is pretty much stuck to PvE, had some wars with humans, changing diplomacy, synchronized campaigns, an adventurer scandal, and various levels of communication and interaction with foreign realms. Madina, from what the ex-pats say, is just filled with people who don't care, which makes for a realm that contributes very little to the game. And it's far from being the most active realm I've ever seen.

Didn't mean to rant on and on about Madina, I got my own things keeping me busy. But while geography can explain some levels of isolation, I can't think of any other realm, not only in Dwilight but the whole game (disclaimer: I don't know every realm to have existed on all continents), who has such a history of utter passiveness.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron