Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126345 times)

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #45: May 03, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »
The real point I wanted to ask was, What could he do on Atamara he is no loner able to do on Dwilight?

The players we had trouble mostly sat around doing nothing. So - sit around and do nothing if you want.

What is having lots of monsters to fight doing to suddenly ruin the game for you?

The increased amount of them, the unrelenting hordes of them that is attacking to the point that just to have a realm we must constantly fight them, meanwhile there is little progress in defeating them. That's the point. People are limited by what they have to do, rather what they want to do. After a while, such maintenance play will drive away inspiration and creativity of players, who in turn will not RP. We started out fighting the monsters, and RPed alongside it, but it died out as it continued. There is little room for political power struggles as everyone is just busy fighting the wars. There is little room for international politics as we cannot actually have any interaction with other realms except for 1-2 people who gather food for us, so we can't go for alliances really, or go for a war.

We are just pinned against the monsters who have been unrelenting and more or less non-stop for a good while, and whatever people think of that situation. When the monster fighting was increased (or made smarter) it very much f****d over D'Hara, because we have had hordes in our lands ever since. One thing is we fight them from the West, but occasionally they will come from the East as well, from the regions that cannot be held by the mainland realms. I thought it was a bit difficult to enjoy, and I raised it in our realm, in our realm there was a great deal who agreed. It is not about what you are able to do, as on paper you would be able to do, but by having people do maintenance on a realm constantly just leaves without any interest in doing anything in the game. Previously in the realm we discussed a lot of things and such, now due to the constant battering most people are just "Meh"