Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126330 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #75: May 05, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »
One of the things that amazed me about Dwilight is JUST HOW OFTEN my character got wounded.

And as he was an older character forced to emigrate when Atamara was sunk a scratch would put him in a coma for a week.  And he got attacked EVERY TURN it seemed like.

He was next to the capital and his unit got smashed and him wounded.  When he finally woke up from the coma and started walking, he started getting attacked by rogues every turn.  And scratched or wounded.  And sent into a coma.  Wake up.  Start walking.  Get attacked.  Sent to coma.  Rinse, repeat, ad nauseum.  It took me weeks to get to the capital.  From the region next door to it.

I've never seen anything like that before.  I just deleted the character in the end because the game made him unplayable here on Dwilight.  Started over with a new one, and I'm waiting for him to grow up enough honor and prestige to be able to lead a decent unit into battle.

The ONE good thing about all the monster attacks is at least honor and prestige go up fast.  But fighting monsters sure isn't as interesting as fighting humans.  At least with humans you know you've got minds on the other side that you are trying to outwit.

Beluaterra is running into that issue now, with all the interesting human wars put on hold until the devs get done with whatever monster game they're playing and let us get back to backstabbing each other like proper nobles.  ;)