Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 126951 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #75: May 05, 2016, 02:01:27 PM »
Statistics are in the system and recorded in other threads. Game has been on the decline... we've closed 2 continents I think that speaks for itself, but if not Gundam please stick your head into your profile, click a character of yours, then go to Information click that, find statistics on that page and then go to player statistics. If you cannot understand a graph that, ill help you, we lose roughly 8-10 players a month also 2 years ago this time we had close to double what we currently have. 8 years ago we had 3-4x, 12 years ago we had 5-6x times as much at least.

I'm sorry, but you're way off base.

First of all, yes, we closed two continents. If you had actually read my previous post, you would have seen that it was saying that after those two continents were closed, the decline leveled off. Thus, every single thing you said here is irrelevant to that.

Second of all, you have to go back at least 3-4 years before you get to double the numbers we have now. And we've never had more than 4 times what we have now, so your "12 years ago" is just total BS.

2008 was the peak, when we had around 2000 players. Before then it was steadily rising. At that time it plateaued, then started a long slow decline.

But let me repeat the most salient point for you: The decline has stopped, or at least slowed down so much as to be imperceptible now.

Whatever anecdotal evidence you have, whatever feeling you have that the game is doomed and there's nothing left but to wait for its inevitable end, it's not borne out by the actual statistics. So look to the log in your own eye before you go calling other people condescending, please.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan