Author Topic: Firebrand society  (Read 6478 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Firebrand society
« Topic Start: May 22, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »
back to the actual point of the thread, these groups do exist in game but like all firebrand groups it is hard to get them to agree on anything. everyone is going to have a different idea on what makes the game better and how to make it happen.
Definitely. Either they are suspicious of those outside their realm for Realm Politics Reason and can't move past it; sometimes creating smaller institutions to do what others are already doing. Or when they do work with others, there's enough different viewpoints and fundamental disagreements that prevent any unity on moving forward. I don't think that makes it impossible to pursue.

case in point in this thread: vita thinks some mechanic overhaul to religion will fix things, I don't think it would make any difference at all and view some of his proposed changes as potentially terrible for the game.
This is much less than I was thinking as discussing mechanics, is by its nature OOC. With IC groups like guilds and religions, its much more about fundamental values and ways of operating. But in terms of religion mechanics, there have been over ten years demonstrating that people will not join religions unless presented to them the same as joining a realm is. I do not see how encouraging communication outside your realm is potentially terrible for the game.

you have all kinds of "firebrand" groups in game trying to change the status quo - westfold in dwilight, oligarch and vix/perdan on ec, aren/mt on colonies, to a lesser extent spearhold on bel. everyone is going to have a different view on these groups and tbh it is pretty sad that it is such a short list
And the point is proven in that even in listing some examples, someone will consider an example as being the status quo themselves.

but unfortunately the game rewards stagnation and supporting the status quo.
So how would you suggest changing it?