Author Topic: Ideas to make Religion mean something  (Read 3570 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas to make Religion mean something
« Topic Start: May 22, 2016, 03:08:50 PM »
A week ago Friday I started an email chain with Tom, volunteering to re-write the Battle Engine over the weekend so I could also use it for a small spin-off I thought might help increase interest. After 5 emails of back and forth about whether I could actually do it, he wandered off not to be heard from again.

You COULD be testing a brand new, clean battle engine ready for all your new War Package ideas to be added to. There are people who do this for a living for whom refactoring the battle engine is the matter of a weekend, the same with all of this religion code you'd like or most of your other ideas. Instead, the same old thing will still be here years from now.

Which is all well and good, but without coordinating with the dev team, you'd most likely end up creating something that no one but you actually wants.

We have a list of specific things to change when we rewrite the combat script that's as long as my arm. Would you have even asked what we wanted? Or just decided, again, that you know better than the dev team, and done what you wanted?

You have been asked, time and again, to stop being insulting, arrogant, and condescending toward the dev team. If you make one more post like this, you will be temporarily banned from posting on the forum.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan