Author Topic: Closing Daimon Portals  (Read 3535 times)

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Xinjin Portal Closed
« Topic Start: June 02, 2016, 01:54:02 AM »
Roleplay from Lila   (8 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in the region Rueffilo (2 recipients)
Rueffilo was different than Xinjin. She had described to Amber what the light and the temple looked like, and what they were looking for. Just as they crested the ridge, a wave washed over them causing them to stumble. Lila knew what it was... she didn't know how... but she knew that the Incantrix was here. The raw power that was running rampant even this far from the temple Lila knew it wasn't good. There was magic flowing unchecked all around her. Be it from her first run in with the Incantrix or the last, Lila knew what magic felt like. Without her sight, every day her other senses grew.

She worried about what the rogue magic would do to the other regions... the humans of the land. Telling Amber they needed to move quickly, the traversed the land between them and the temple. More than once they had to duck for shelter, smaller daimons were running around, looking for something. Amber described seeing on consume one of the whorls of magic...and Lila all but shuddered. Perhaps it was the Incantrix's magic that escaped, and as another portal stone in the temple detonanated, the girls felt the land tremble beneath their feet.

The closer they got to the temple, the stronger the pull of power was. Every so often there would be a wave of power... or the earth beneath their feet would tremble, until there was nothing. They dodged and snuck their way to the temple. Lila could feel the Incantrix was near, but Amber said there was no one watching the door, they all were chasing the whorls. Knowing it was now or never, they made their way in.

The power almost came to the point of pain, and Lila pushed it away and pushed on. It affected Amber less than herself, and Lila put one foot in front of another. She knew what she had to do, and by Dashi she would complete it. Explaining how the last portal was closed to Amber, they stealthly went into the temple, and made their way towards the portal itself.

Now the power flowing around her was almost to the point of causing her pain, but she still pushed on. Faltering slightly, she sent Amber on ahead to set the stones in a circle, but the time she made it to the center Amber had placed the last stone. Going towards the middle, drawn to it like a moth to a flame, she looked towards Amber and gave her a serene smile.

"It's up to you if you want to stay or go. I won't ask more of you than you want to give. I cannot promise what will happen when I activate the stones, nor can I say we will both survive. I survived the last with only losing my sight, and I pray to Dashi I won't lose anything else. Make your choice Amber...."

Lila took her place in the circle; again putting all her crystals and such in her lap. She began to chant as she did the first time, this time including Dashi in her mumblings. Her breathing became shallow, and while she was sure this time the Incantrix would come for her, it was the others she thought of the most. Not only did she try to cast spells to cast away the Daimons for good, but to help repair what was lost. Ramblings and mumblings fell from her lips. Her thoughts turned towards her main goal above all else, end the Daimon rule once and for all.

Her white hair spun around her head like a cloud and her sightless eyes were open staring at the portal as if it could receed into the depths of her soul. The chants continued to fall from her lips and she put her own hands out towards the portal, trembling at the raw power it held, and hoping that she, a nameless commoner could do the one thing to save all nobles.....

Her last thought before falling into a trancelike state was... "Perhaps now my mother might claim me......"