Author Topic: Ruler OOC Ban option  (Read 2253 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ruler OOC Ban option
« Topic Start: June 26, 2016, 08:55:53 PM »
Any reason this is missing? It would really be useful in cases where a person has literally not sent a single letter to the realm and is protesting government members without giving any reason, nor is replying to any letters sent to them. They're clearly being an OOC troll.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler OOC Ban option
« Reply #1: June 26, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »
Nope. Report to Titans.

Rulers do not have enough information to act as judge, jury, and executioner for players. The OOC ban option has been permanently removed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: June 27, 2016, 01:34:24 AM »
Thank god that stupid feature is gone.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2016, 02:17:40 AM »
Thank god that stupid feature is gone.

Yes, thank god we have to wait until the damage is done before being able to get rid of a troll. If the Titans ever get around to it. They're volunteers, so it's not necessarily the case that they'll be around to do the job until after the troll in question has caused a bunch of damage.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 27, 2016, 02:19:51 AM »
Yes, thank god we have to wait until the damage is done before being able to get rid of a troll. If the Titans ever get around to it. They're volunteers, so it's not necessarily the case that they'll be around to do the job until after the troll in question has caused a bunch of damage.

No: Thank god no one ever has to live with the stigma on their family history of "Banned for cheating or other abuses" because some ruler was a jerk and used the OOC ban for something it was completely unsuited for.

If there's someone in the realm who's making a nuisance of themselves and you want them gone, that's what the IC ban option is for. Use it—and if you can't, well, then, you've got IC problems.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 27, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
As a player who has been Rulers for many times in the past and even in current times, I never do like this Ruler OOC Ban option. Used to have one case in the past where Oritolon realm had a multi account issue where the multi account rose up as realm Ruler. The multi did ban all the nobles Loyalists faction through his multi character who was Judge. Now tried imagine he doing the same as Ruler, OOC Ban us.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)