Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 214720 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Topic Start: July 02, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »
All this is rather interesting to read, I enjoyed the part about Greater Xavak being an early roman empire, I loved reading about the great roman empire history, I have always wondered if there was a roman-like realm to play in.

Do you mind explaining density, GDP (gold), GDP (silver), net food, demense size and militarization to me?

GDP is gross domestic product which gives us an estimate of the realm's economy but what does the gold and silver represent? Net food is total food of food produced right? Demense size is total amount of land or size of it?

Hic Sunt Leones,
I gave Xavax a one man effort to feel Roman. More like a Roman outpost with Anglo-saxon influence, turned republic/empire.

GDP in gold is the wealth divided amongst nobility, an estimate of the weekly income, GDP in silver is a role-playing stat where the wealth is divided among the population; while the average peasant in Xavax makes 1.24 silvers a day, the average Novan peasant makes 0.68. I extrapolated this to offer how far the class divide is and the presence of merchants and craftsmen, as well as how much the average peasant suffers. Net food is daily production less the population consumption, it unfortunately does not take into account real consumption from military (new stat?). Demesne size is the amount of nobles to peasants indicating old highly feudal societies, an imperial system of non-hereditary titles (like in Xavax), or the absence of true feudal society (Obsidian Islands). Militarization takes the realm CS and via old player knowledge estimates total standing army as a percentage of the population.

Aaaah really?  :'(
Shucks I'll do the rest right now I guess.