Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 214990 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #30: July 10, 2016, 11:00:49 PM »
alara and mn were plotting against xavax, yes. my objection is not to xavax warring them or even the tactics used. my char kellan was general of xavax before all this and was the one who blew the whistle on alara and mn and was the main proponent of war on alara.

if magnus' actions hadnt brought on the rebellion and if selenia hadnt betrayed the rebellion to clear her path to rulership, if kellan had remained general, alara would not be around now. my strategy of focusing all effort on taking Itorunt would have been implemented and would have succeeded, byebye alara.

so my objection is obviously not to xavax's war on alara or even the "total war" it became. my objection is to hypocritical players who wage a war of annihilation against a tiny realm and then cry foul when a bigger bully shows up and does the same to them in return.

xavax's actions were provoked, perdan's actions were provoked. in the end they were essentially the same actions. how many crying forum posts did alara and mn make? how many players whether involved or not condemned xavax for what they were doing?

i always knew that a northern power would interfere in any xavax war and tried to warn xavax about that. of course my assumption was it'd be caligus, but they decided to pull a caligus move and go gangbang oli instead as soon as they realized that their alaran alliance might actually result in war. convenient how they dropped that as soon as perdan and vix showed how easy crushing xavax is, but i digress.

point is xavax has always known that their actions would draw heat from the north, but they were so pumped up with their own arrogance that they figured theyd win anyway. well, reality check, if you screw up everything from diplomacy to military strategy you get beat.

all of this xavax crying is because they are losing, not because perdan did something unfair. perdan's actions are totally fair, absolutely no different than what xavax was doing before to alara and mn, and a direct result of xavax's poor leadership and inability to get along with people.

the war was not even close to even. alara was down to one region and mn's capital had been sacked. there was maybe one semi successful attack on Xavax soil the entire war until perdan and vix interfered. xavax was running roughshod over their enemies. the fact that they failed to take Itorunt only comes down to poor strategy and army maintenance.

i cant speak for why fallangard was kept out of the war. that was a major point of contention between magnus and kellan as magnus wanted to use fallangard as a "shield" against caligus, which no offense to fallangard would have gone very poorly. "magnus' paper shield of fallangard" should be a unique item actually, +0 prestige, -100% leadership. so ill let jevondair explain why selenia kept fallangard out and eat a big ol' grain of salt as i read the explanation.

xavax's intent was to destroy and absorb alara and mn, who in rp terms they had stripped of their legitimacy as realms, referring to them as bandits and rebels against the xavax imperium, rightful rulers of the entire south.

people think perdan's bad.

edit: i stand corrected on wanting to absorb mn, i guess looting mn lands rogue would have been justified but its a crime against humanity when its done to xavax
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:05:22 PM by JDodger »
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.