Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 38717 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #75: July 08, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »
History is written by the victors... isnt that the quote... just happens in BM there aren't supposed to be victors, there is supposed to be evolution, realms die things change.

EC is a stagnant pool, Atamara as much as some, (generally long term players), loved it, was the same.  Stagnant pools start to stink.

I am no lover of Perdan as a concept, but in reality at least they try something different.  What I find sad in the Eponllyn situation is that, as I have said, they were a realm not afraid to be individuals who are now falling into the block... that said once Oligarch is done and Eponllyn can re-establlish maybe they will be able to re-establish that independence... Not that I am giving up on Oligarch yet!!

If we are going to rake over the last war I would also say that Eponllyn were not the drivers for peace with Perdan... they got on board before Sirion, but it was Nivemus who pushed for peace, as I'm sure you will remember Vita, Catherine was slated and slandered for not wanting to crush Perdan from many sides including many of the more actives of Eponllyn, so please don't try to make out that you were such a generous realm pushing to give them peace. Garin got that a dead Perdan left no counter weight to Sirion so came on board, but he certainly didn't instigate.

Whats more it was well known the minute that deal was signed ensured that there would be a war between Eponllyn and Perdan at some stage, they would never accept the loss of their namesake city.  War is a healthy aspect of the game, its just a shame everything degenerates into mis-matched gang bangs, but I guess this is quite reflective of the real world too.  Eponllyns decline is regrettable on many levels, hell if they weren't as they are now, we would most likely only be fighting Sirion and Shadowdale,  but it is part of the game. 

You are entitled to bitterness, you are entitled to point fingers and shout betrayal, puppet, selfish whatever you like, but in the end dust off and move on, I might be doing the same in the weeks to come.

For me Eponllyn's degradation and the likely death of Oligarch will be the death of all independence in the North, but I pray to St Jude and can only hope things might change.