Author Topic: Spearhold  (Read 19144 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Spearhold
« Reply #15: July 10, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
but as a player I felt bad we executed him.

When I created Usul a few years ago (Have had OOC breaks between then and now), I intended to play him as an evil character. I found that playing an evil character was not that easy-- There is always an OOC obstacle to climb over (for me anyway). That obstacle was knowing that there is a player behind the characer that you are performing evil deeds to. Everyone who plays BM knows that there should be a seperation between OOC and IG actions, but it is not always that easy.

I did feel some OOC guilt for executing him, that cannot be denied... but again we all know to try and keep OOC and IG seperate. Because I attempted an execution once before and he escaped, the player knew IG and OOC that Usul will go through with another. I had to use that to allieviate some OOC guilt. Also looking through his character history I concluded that he was quite a long term player, (A new player I probably would have not been so cruel) and has a history of creating infiltrators on a regular basis, and have had some of those executed. The point I am tryng to make is, that some actions are not taken without some OOC consideration no matter how much anyone tries to seperate.

The least I could do, was to RP the event and at least make something of it as a small consolation for the player of Pale. I would be pretty peeved if a character of mine was executed and just left as that in silence.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:38:11 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd