Author Topic: Rework the Republic Government type  (Read 9568 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Rework the Republic Government type
« Reply #15: August 02, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »
If your realm is around 3-5 nobles or less, its going to be very vulnerable to new nobles and their ideas. But isn't that good, to help liven up the realm that is evidently underpopulated? Realms that small are just not sustainable.

Be more careful who you choose and keep as rulers. I don't foresee royalty protection changing. Though I do find the title of 'Royal' to be weird and awkward and would prefer 'Prince', but then it might not be so clear as to the royal connection. 'Royal Prince'? Anyway, tangential discussion...

If anything like this is implemented, then I expect at the same time there comes a method for Dukes/Lords to go against it...
No no no, the whole point is that dukes have been overpowered for years. We're not going to introduce a way to rebalance them and then unbalance it in their favor again. Dukes, like rulers, need to work with their duchies/realms. The duke controls the lord's appointments (except with new duke, but power-struggle between new duke and old lords would be understandable and i dont think we should prevent that, and with the exception of government system elections, but again duke-ruler power struggle potential). The lords can kick knights from the estate/duchy. So if the duke works with his lords, he can protect himself from anyone grabbing estates to protest.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:12:07 PM by Vita »