Author Topic: Rework the Republic Government type  (Read 9616 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Rework the Republic Government type
« Reply #15: August 03, 2016, 12:41:21 AM »
I don't see how that follows.

If people could counter-protest to protect their friends, then yes, that would make sense, but if a clique takes control of a realm, and it's large enough that the rest of the realm can't protest them out or rebel...then they own that realm fair and square. (Or as fair and square as such things ever are.)
Let me offer some real examples.
Let's say I am a part of not as much a clique but a circle of old like-minded characters. Let's say a new noble appears in the realm and somehow manages to get an important title. Eventually we realize he is not ideologically close to us at all. In fact he is our opponent and might potentially be a problem for our reign. As a player I would absolutely hate it we could just throw him out of every position by spam-protests. We'll completely own the realm fair and square... and where's the fun in that?
Another example: Let's say I was recently appointed a Duke and I've noticed many nobles in my Duchy are not participating in wars, refuse to do courtier work and just sit in the capital, accumulating gold and probably sending it back to their families or spending it on training skills. What do you think will happen when I start decreasing these nobles' estate size? That's right, I get protested out by mule characters.
No, the whole idea is a disaster.