Author Topic: BM Stoners?  (Read 21467 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: BM Stoners?
« Reply #15: June 30, 2011, 03:31:07 AM »
Being at war with nature is a sign of a sick society.

Quote-worthy.

Truly interesting reading though, including the debate on liberties. Here in Ireland, we now have our first pro-cannabis member of parliament as of the past couple of months and society is generally accepting of it, on an individual basis at least. Eventually, governments are going to have to accept, to quote the Israli's when they're talking about their settlements, the "facts on the ground". Given where I live, I'm well aware of the effects of both weed and alcohol. My country is practically known for the latter. The effects of alcohol can be as bad or worse. The only real argument against the use of this drug being worse than the likes of drink is the criminal element. Considering the fact that its as much a "local" operation as criminal these days, its not as bad as it was, but its still pretty bad. The blame there doesn't fall at the feet of those who enjoy a smoke, but those who control the laws and ensure that legitimate acquisition is next to impossible which gives criminal elements their chance to prosper. Ultimately, society will change and laws will change because they have to, simply to recognize reality.

Still, I don't think we should lose sight of the reason why this whole debate came up. I do like the idea for some sort of Guild, but you have to ask yourself - which continent? And how IC is it if we're planning it OOC? Sorta ensures its not Dwilight (",)

Finton.