Author Topic: A Question about Heroes.  (Read 3300 times)

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
A Question about Heroes.
« Topic Start: June 27, 2011, 04:56:58 AM »
So I'm considering playing a martyr(priest/hero) on one of my characters, and I'm curious about whether or not the new wounding system allows infiltrators to kill heroes? Obviously death is the big risk for heroes. but a priest isn't going to be in combat, so is the martyr name not actually accurate?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: A Question about Heroes.
« Reply #1: June 27, 2011, 05:00:31 AM »
Question 1: No. (Yeah, short answer, because that really is the answer. No ifs ands ors buts)

Question 2: Call a rose by any other name.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 27, 2011, 05:11:27 AM »
So I'm considering playing a martyr(priest/hero) on one of my characters, and I'm curious about whether or not the new wounding system allows infiltrators to kill heroes? Obviously death is the big risk for heroes. but a priest isn't going to be in combat, so is the martyr name not actually accurate?

The most common context for Martyr in a religious context requires the person to already be dead, or an assured death is to be shortly meet, such as being held for execution, so really the title is never going to work out :) I presume that Martyrs can die when the peasantry turn against them instead of just being wounded. Infiltrator generated wounds do not result in death.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: June 27, 2011, 05:23:03 AM »
Pretty sure there are only 3 ways to die:

1. In combat as a hero subclass *

2. Execution **

3. Death duel ***

*You have to actually be present in the battle, not just your unit. So if you're wounded enough that you can't battle, or imprisoned, or at a tournament, or returning from prison/tournament, and your unit is in a battle, giving the "Your unit has participated in a battle" message, then you still have no chance of dying.

**One of two conditions must be met (Though both conditions can be met and it'd still be fine). 1. Be a (rogue) or (On BT 4th Inv) be part of an NPC realm (except for the Light); 2. Have an existing ban from the realm that wants to execute you.

***That means choose Death in the dropdown menu. Not Surrender. Not the other option on testing called Training Match. Also not guaranteed death either, but then again, what is? It's actually harder to die in this game than people might believe.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 27, 2011, 02:27:53 PM »
2. Execution **

**One of two conditions must be met (Though both conditions can be met and it'd still be fine). 1. Be a (rogue) or (On BT 4th Inv) be part of an NPC realm (except for the Light); 2. Have an existing ban from the realm that wants to execute you.
True, only two conditions: Rogue or banned. Or have extremely low honor and be in prison.

So three conditions. Yep just three conditions: Banned, rogue, or low honor. Or in your own realms prisons.

Like I said, just four conditions...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 27, 2011, 02:33:38 PM »
True, only two conditions: Rogue or banned. Or have extremely low honor and be in prison.

So three conditions. Yep just three conditions: Banned, rogue, or low honor. Or in your own realms prisons.

Actually, you're only in danger of death in your own realm's prison because your Judge can ban you as a realm member (through the "kick someone" option), then execute you because you have a ban.  So that's still just three.

The fourth is "be an advy in prison."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 27, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »
Actually, you're only in danger of death in your own realm's prison because your Judge can ban you as a realm member (through the "kick someone" option), then execute you because you have a ban.  So that's still just three.

The fourth is "be an advy in prison."
I'd still call it four. And advies makes five. The more we have, the greater the magnitude of Artemesia being wrong. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: June 27, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
lol, that's why this is a forum. If I can remember everything I wouldn't need anyone else to be on here.

But yeah, that's true, I forgot that outlaws can be executed. And advies, but I'm justified in forgetting about adventurers dying because no one gives a flying !@#$ anyway.