Author Topic: Astrum vs Westgard  (Read 21121 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Astrum vs Westgard
« Reply #15: October 01, 2016, 03:54:36 PM »
"Don't like it? Get out" is the worst attitude you could come up with here.
The fellow has some valid points.
Players who quit the game after the rogue invasion in the west were not all petty whiners. They felt legitimately screwed by the devs because of unfair treatment.
The very same thing is now happening to frontier realms, ten times worse for Westgard because they were placed in the spot with no chokepoints.
This is a real issue and it sucks if all devs can answer to this is "just suck it up".

Westgard has the peculiar distinction of being a realm that was created, by the dev team, with a singular purpose in mind: to be a frontier realm to fight a near-hopeless battle against the hordes of Western Dwilight. At no point in its existence has it not had to fight for its life against monsters.

That means that at no time has anyone been able to join Westgard without knowing that being a part of that realm means having to fight against monsters, all the time. Everyone there opted into that life.

That doesn't mean they aren't allowed to then opt out...but, frankly, I don't see a reasonable argument that opting out could be anything but leaving the realm. If you can present one to me that makes sense, I'm willing to listen, but I haven't been able to come up with one myself.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan