Author Topic: Anti adventurer or the Immortal adventurer game  (Read 5332 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Anti adventurer or the Immortal adventurer game
« Topic Start: November 14, 2016, 06:42:27 PM »
Whats the biggest downside of the advy game?
Most people will agree that this would be dying.
You build up something and then it dies in some hunt you thought would be easy.

My idea is to (partially) replace adventurer death with an anti adventurer game.
So when your adventurer dies from undead and/or monsters (hunting), it gets another chance as an anti adventurer.
It takes (part) of it's skill and equipment with it.
Anti adventurer game works the same as the normal game but now your not the hunter, but the usually hunted.
You represent an undead or monster adventurer/hero who now hunts town guards and militia instead of monsters and undead.
The results of your hunt normally lower the presence of rogues, now it raises their presence.
You can't get bounties, but you can take plenty of loot to improve equipment, anti adventurer items can also be considered to help raise skill.
Nobles can't see these anti adventurers communicate or arrest them, but adventurers can find them if they investigate the region
Adventurers could have a chance of fighting them in a higher level hunt (partially) replacing champions who appear in hunt sessions.
Hunting in rogue regions is easier for anti adventurers, and in places like Dwilight, adventurers might have to go look for them in the western wilderness.
Fatigue could be renamed, but work the exact same way, except now you 'generate' instead of sleep to restore it.

The anti adventurer is more limiting as it cant buy equipment, use its saved beer or its other normal items but now death is 100% the end of the game for your character.
If you don't want to play an anti adventurer you could simply delete it, but why not take revenge on the world for your character's death first?
This is kind of a middle way between death and no death in the adventurer game.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Zakilevo

Re: Anti adventurer or the Immortal adventurer game
« Reply #1: November 14, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »
If you want to be an immortal adventurer the only thing you have to do is spam gathering. Unless you cross a judge, you won't die.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 14, 2016, 09:42:33 PM »
If you want to be an immortal adventurer the only thing you have to do is spam gathering. Unless you cross a judge, you won't die.

so now when your just gathering, you miss out on the anti adventurer game. ;)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 15, 2016, 06:32:10 AM »
The adventurer game is a sidegame experience. We aren't going to be adding such a large expansion with the current available volunteer coders and other coding priorities.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 15, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »
I do think adventurers are too easily killed overall. Having lost three to monsters, each of them 60% sword or more. Even my policy on never hunting more than balanced risk didn't pay off today.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 15, 2016, 09:15:31 AM »
The adventurer game is a sidegame experience. We aren't going to be adding such a large expansion with the current available volunteer coders and other coding priorities.

I understand. correct me if i am wrong, but this could be easily coded as it works on the same mechanics as normal adventuring.
The mechanics need some alterations but mostly remain the same.
What i like most about this addition is that now advies have more the idea that they play against other players instead just mechanics.
Your advy could have heard that his friend died somewhere near by and then goes looking for this friends items and unique items.
By investigating the advy can find his friend back as an anti advy and hunt him down, claiming the unique item(s) it was holding.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: November 15, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
Telling you. Forget about fighting monsters. Just do gathering. It is the best way to avoid death. After spending 2 months, I've managed to get myself almost 70 different types of items. Even my advy who used to fight only has 88 types.

The only thing fighting is good for is it helps you train faster. But if you take things slowly by doing gathering, you will eventually be able to make an item and even upgrade it quickly if you are lucky. Plus you only need to focus on getting 1 type of gear to maximum. That is like 300 gold or more you can use for filling kegs or for training yourself in the academy.

If you don't want to die, just do gathering. It is that easy.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 16, 2016, 06:37:24 AM »
Upgrading your items, if you are lucky enough, takes 40-80 gold per attempt. You can't earn that quickly. You'll never level sword, and barely any adventuring.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: November 16, 2016, 06:52:37 AM »
Upgrading your items, if you are lucky enough, takes 40-80 gold per attempt. You can't earn that quickly. You'll never level sword, and barely any adventuring.

You can earn that pretty easily on BT and Dwilight. You just need to know the right buyers.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 16, 2016, 09:24:57 AM »
Well you're certainly not talking about Nothoi, they haven't two coins to rub together. You'll forgive adventurers from risking association with the daimon aligned states after the... Unpleasantness.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: November 16, 2016, 09:40:51 AM »
Well you're certainly not talking about Nothoi, they haven't two coins to rub together. You'll forgive adventurers from risking association with the daimon aligned states after the... Unpleasantness.

Got like 1000 gold selling two items to some guy from Spearhold.

These daimon servants are loaded.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 16, 2016, 12:18:39 PM »
Does anyone have a feel for what sort of percentage likelihood ab adventurer will die from hunting at different levels? Are the risks from similar levels the same because it doesn't feel like it. Does fatigue Play into the risk of wounding or death? Finally I feel like if you are on maximum stealth and otherwise not already wounded your risk of instant death should be tiny.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 02, 2016, 11:32:14 AM »
Does anyone have a feel for what sort of percentage likelihood ab adventurer will die from hunting at different levels? Are the risks from similar levels the same because it doesn't feel like it. Does fatigue Play into the risk of wounding or death? Finally I feel like if you are on maximum stealth and otherwise not already wounded your risk of instant death should be tiny.

Gordy, these are good questions, but lets keep things on topic.
Game mechanics related questions are best put on the mentoring forum.
There they will be answered fairly quickly and fully.
There currently isnt a thread that answers your questions directly, so you could start a new one.
A short awnser has been given before: if you dont want your advy to die, just gather and dont hunt at all.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 03, 2016, 07:57:03 AM »
Are you flappng kidding me? I've got you telling me to take it to the mentoring forum and a guy on the mentors telling me to bring my questions in here! I'll just start my own thread.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 03, 2016, 08:12:09 AM »
Are you flappng kidding me? I've got you telling me to take it to the mentoring forum and a guy on the mentors telling me to bring my questions in here! I'll just start my own thread.
The Helpline board of this forum and the mentoring forum are both appropriate places to seek help on mechanics.