Author Topic: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...  (Read 22959 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...
« Reply #30: November 30, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
http://postimg.org/image/zapv4x7x3/

Red: Terrible stronghold locations

Blue: Cities that need to be moved closer to the inner ocean. + too many southern cities overall

Yellow: need sea zones there

That's an older draft though.

Red: Vakyrja could be merged with Yggdramir, making it a very strategic chokepoint to monster lands. Seems like a great fort location. A bridge was added from Storm's Keep to Ryem making it, again, a valuable choke point. Balance's Rereat... we've had a realm there forever. And it's involved in wars right now. I don't really see how to remove it without crippling that realm and destroying one of Dwi's most iconic locations. I'll have to disagree with this one. As for Dragon Song and the Ruins, these are Zuma land, always were (even when the flag wasn't there). We were never allowed to colonize Zuma lands, so I see no reason to alter these iconic locations.

Blue: Also applicable to some of red: We need more inland cities, but I disagree that we need *only* inland cities. Coastal cities are useful to send armies to sea. Also helps to scatter them if one alternates between inland and coastal. That's why a city was added in Caylin. Maybe one could be added to Yaren too. Flow, I've added a bridge. Not sure what else to do, I don't love it, but I don't think it's dramatic to maintain a few such locations. South-eastern cities were redone a lot in latest drafts.

Yellow: sea zones were added in latest drafts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron