Author Topic: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...  (Read 22681 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...
« Reply #30: November 30, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »
The map is starting to become very cool.
Its already a huge improvement as it is.

Its getting hard to read though, i can barley see whats a city and how its called, even zoomed in.

The connection between Lairabina and east dwilight should be a bridge with a sea zone though.
This is a crucial connection, or you end up sailing all the way around the Madinan isle.
Also Giask has little competition, the city is either to large or to isolated.
If you have giask as capital you have to much of an advantage over this whole area.

Darfix should also be put somewhere, it was named after one of the two main creators of this map.
Darfix and Giask are named after them if i am not mistaken (are these guys still playing? they might have some good comments as well).
And if you really can mange to pull this map redrawing off the ground, there might be a Chenier city somewhere, someday :P

Yea, I'm doing quick jobs with GIMP because I presume any change I do is likely to be changed anew. Once more "set" borders and features are agreed upon I could make it look nice again.

The sea connections... something worth thinking about. As it is, the tower at Laraibina and Sallowtown both act as chokepoints that block the passage, both by land and by sea. Armies can land and set sail again on the other side, or sail all round the island altogether. I'm not sure how much of an impact the land bridge has around Laraibina, though the Sallowtown one does block off more vital areas. Not sure what the best avenue would be. I think we'd be better off without any ferry routes, but that would probably only work with more land connections (or bridges) or larger islands, but I don't want to remove the island feel of the islands.

I don't think Giask would make for the best capital. It's meant more as a jewel for realms based in other cities to fight over. While it'd still allow for a realm based there to project might to Madina, Fissoa, and Swordfell, antagonizing all three is likely to see it just starve itself to death.

Madina has kind of bad territory, too, with a city down south and no other. Switching fatmilak over and making them closer to the East lessens this, but maybe not enough. It could be shifted a bit south-east, though.

I think Darfix and Giask quit a very, very long time ago. The names could be recycled for other prominent features. I don't think these huge cities were a good thing, and I'd even consider removing Giask as well.

I've already got a Chenier's Coast, the probably least used sea zone in the whole game ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron