Author Topic: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...  (Read 22793 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...
« Reply #30: December 03, 2016, 01:38:01 PM »
the latest map,

you do realize the lurian area, geography is basically replicated in the north with the inland sea there surrounded by cities etc.

the dharan region is buffed massively and also dominates the surrounding lands with big cities around its waters and a landbridge choke point double.

Further rendering the ''lurian'' region a backwater much like present day darfix region. To me this redraw seems like a nice exercise and a potential spark for further inspiration but that's all it does for me.

Maybe play with the idea of fusing dhara with the sallow coast area and do in the south as is done with the north, few  if any islands. Islands are incredibly hard to assault with the current mechanics. Same goes for the bridge / single entry point areas. Rather use travel time options with more possible approaches to a target rather than giving one or two options that are hard choke points.

I'll review this further later, because I'm not quite sure to grasp everything you meant right now, but D'Hara is just made closer. It could make them stronger, or more vulnerable. They are invadable by Astrum much more easily, for example, with all new regions available to them being disputable with one realm or another.

The Lurian region is made much closer to Fissoa, Madina, Swordfell, and, to a lesser extent, D'Hara, making it less backwater regardless of its shape, I would believe.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron