Author Topic: Modifying TMP Training Reductions  (Read 85069 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying TMP Training Reductions
« Reply #120: September 12, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »
the point is that nothing is spawning there.. so emptying bounty pot is not the solution on its own.

i'm not making a case for or against tmp.
firefox

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #121: September 12, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
the point is that nothing is spawning there.. so emptying bounty pot is not the solution on its own.

i'm not making a case for or against tmp.

Yes, I see that now. My point is, you don't actually know if anything is spawning there, or why.

But you are right - IMO, there are too many advies right now, and so they are hunting out areas whether or not there is a bounty set. So as I said before, you'll need to discourage them through whatever means.

Assuming your Leadership is so pathetic that the only thing they can think of to counter TMP is hunt monsters in their own borders.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: September 12, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
if something spawned there during the month, chances are someone would have noticed, or it would have wandered over.

and that's only the month's message that's kept. tmp was longer than that. but i haven't joined the realm that long.

----
when i played advy in ec.. bounty was an afterthought/bonus
firefox

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: September 12, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
Assuming your Leadership is so pathetic that the only thing they can think of to counter TMP is hunt monsters in their own borders.

I still don';t understand why a "good' leadership should be one needlessly aggressive and eager to conquer. The game sets some limits, be it noble count or simply extension of the land: there are just moments in which it would be suicidal to start wars, so why would be consider pathetic a leadership that just tries not to create chaos out of nowhere?

Frankly on dwilight almost all realms are facing tmp last time I heard. This must mean something..

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #124: September 12, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »
I still don';t understand why a "good' leadership should be one needlessly aggressive and eager to conquer. The game sets some limits, be it noble count or simply extension of the land: there are just moments in which it would be suicidal to start wars, so why would be consider pathetic a leadership that just tries not to create chaos out of nowhere?

Frankly on dwilight almost all realms are facing tmp last time I heard. This must mean something..

Yes, that none of them are doing anything interesting...

I probably didn't mention this before, but you don't have to start a war to avoid TMP. Maybe we could sticky that?

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: September 12, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
I probably didn't mention this before, but you don't have to start a war to avoid TMP. Maybe we could sticky that?

Organizing expeditions to hunt monsters in rogue territories? everyone's doing that, but it doesn't help so much you know.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #126: September 12, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
Organizing expeditions to hunt monsters in rogue territories? everyone's doing that, but it doesn't help so much you know.

I don't think "everyone's" doing it, and I don't think that's all of the different ideas you might try.

I would say that the next time you pick a Ruler, you should find one who has the imaginative skills to deal with the problems your realm is going to face.

I DO know that Tom isn't going to suddenly change TMP just 'cuz a half dozen people whine incessantly about it on the forums, so you would do better to ask for advice and ideas on how to combat it than continue with this thread the way it is going.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: September 12, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
I don't think "everyone's" doing it, and I don't think that's all of the different ideas you might try.

I would say that the next time you pick a Ruler, you should find one who has the imaginative skills to deal with the problems your realm is going to face.

I DO know that Tom isn't going to suddenly change TMP just 'cuz a half dozen people whine incessantly about it on the forums, so you would do better to ask for advice and ideas on how to combat it than continue with this thread the way it is going.

Ok, agreed. Do you have any advice or idea on how to combat it?

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #128: September 12, 2011, 02:04:54 PM »
Ok, agreed. Do you have any advice or idea on how to combat it?

Yes. I've posted them all over the forums.

Would you like me to come be your ruler and bail you out? Which realm are you in?

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: September 12, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »

Would you like me to come be your ruler and bail you out? Which realm are you in?

Morek, and I play the ruler. That's why I am interested in the matter so much, you know  ;)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: September 12, 2011, 02:13:33 PM »

It is more than half a dozen, and you never know. He has taken feedback before. He has a strong vision for the game, that is true but I think our feedback still matter somewhere.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #131: September 12, 2011, 02:33:43 PM »

I have worked with Peri's character Bustoarsenzio, and know him to be one of the best rulers/generals in the game. My character will always respect him, and I do so ooc as one player to another. I would dare say that he would be the Jenred of Dwilight if he had to deal with more conflict from the realms around Morek, but Morek has more or less pacified all the realms in the Northeast, through war or fear of the result of war with Morek. They are stretched as far as they can get in land terms, and the only direction they get monster spawns is from the south.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: September 12, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
Morek, and I play the ruler. That's why I am interested in the matter so much, you know  ;)
The way to stop TMP is very simple: Battles. The more/bigger battles, the better.

True, finding those battles can be a bit challenging sometimes. Maybe you should invade D'Hara. Seems like everyone's talking about it these days. Must be something good going on there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: September 12, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
Those guys further south are much juicier targets, promise! We can even send some troops with you to leech off the battles!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: September 12, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
I would dare say that he would be the Jenred of Dwilight if he had to deal with more conflict from the realms around Morek, but Morek has more or less pacified all the realms in the Northeast, through war or fear of the result of war with Morek. They are stretched as far as they can get in land terms, and the only direction they get monster spawns is from the south.

This made my day, by the way.  I love it when my characters become reference points!

I believe TO's also help against TMP, which is why Arcaea hasn't had problems.  TOing Obtal and Unotosa on top of a few battles against rogues was enough.

May I suggest making common cause with PeL to crusade against the hordes to your south?  I'd love to organize a grand Monster Hunt to drive them all back into their dens.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"