Author Topic: Modifying TMP Training Reductions  (Read 85093 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying TMP Training Reductions
« Reply #135: September 12, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Well it is clear that the best solution would be traveling to our south and taking down some monsters, the problem is that to our surprise we are going to need some serious efforts - way more serious than we expected - to pull this off: a recently hastily organized expedition couldn't find any monster in the regions just south of our borders besides a lonely group in Weinschenk (not enough to take tmp away) and another group in Fatexna that unfortunately ran away before we could catch them.

Considering that moving between 2 rogue regions takes around 20-25 hours, moving a good amount of nobles south enough to find sufficiently many monsters is definitely not a trivial task but something that must be carefully prepared. Not impossible, but let's just say that it's easier to motivate players to prepare for an expedition against heathens or enemies rather than going on a stars-forgotten divide mountain to club a couple dozen monsters in the head you know..

It's just incredibly more difficult than it once was to find monsters, especially when the few groups that are around in the Unterlands are hunted by Corsanctum to get rid of their TMP too.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: September 12, 2011, 04:47:39 PM »
Yeah, and if you go too far, your men start to desert due low moral :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: September 12, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
I believe TO's also help against TMP, which is why Arcaea hasn't had problems.  TOing Obtal and Unotosa on top of a few battles against rogues was enough.

i still don't get how you can travel halfway round the world without equipment damage killing your army.. anyway..

didn't someone down in madina say they got tmp whilst getting around to reTOing the rest of the islands.. guess they didn't TO quick/often enough?

for that matter... you can't loot a rogue region into raising a peasant army for you to kill, can you?
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #138: September 12, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
This made my day, by the way.  I love it when my characters become reference points!

I believe TO's also help against TMP, which is why Arcaea hasn't had problems.  TOing Obtal and Unotosa on top of a few battles against rogues was enough.

May I suggest making common cause with PeL to crusade against the hordes to your south?  I'd love to organize a grand Monster Hunt to drive them all back into their dens.

I'm currently in Astrum leading Allison's army. The player of Garad   Jhaelen Irsei has his character hating mine for following Allison instead of staying in Morek... pity that. I believe, since the situation in Dwilight is different than the other continents with longer travel times and the intervening space between realms that would otherwise go to war, I think TMP should be redone for Dwilight. Either make it take longer to take effect, lessen the effects to something approaching manageable, or both. You can't fight when your entire realm is falling apart at the seams because of TMP now can you? It at least makes it much harder.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #139: September 12, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »
Let it fall apart and then fight about picking up the pieces.

Problem solved.  ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: September 12, 2011, 11:56:29 PM »
May I suggest making common cause with PeL to crusade against the hordes to your south?  I'd love to organize a grand Monster Hunt to drive them all back into their dens.

Why on earth would you want that? Better milk these hordes for as long as possible than to clear them out swiftly.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: September 12, 2011, 11:59:49 PM »
Why on earth would you want that? Better milk these hordes for as long as possible than to clear them out swiftly.

Because unlike the rest of the island, we're still at the "occasionally overwhelmed by hordes" stage rather than the "TMP" stage, and once the borders are pacified and additional farmlands are secured I have various wars in the offing?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: September 13, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
Because unlike the rest of the island, we're still at the "occasionally overwhelmed by hordes" stage rather than the "TMP" stage, and once the borders are pacified and additional farmlands are secured I have various wars in the offing?

Why wait? Attack now!  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: September 13, 2011, 12:46:35 AM »

Note the "occasionally being overwhelmed by hordes" bit.  And beyond that, I need more (and more secure) food sources.  It'll happen eventually, though.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: September 13, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »
You do realize that one of his "wars in the offing" is an invasion of D'Hara, right?

Although, perhaps you're counting on that. Give him a good reason, and maybe he will.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: September 13, 2011, 02:51:34 AM »
You do realize that one of his "wars in the offing" is an invasion of D'Hara, right?

Although, perhaps you're counting on that. Give him a good reason, and maybe he will.

We would never invade D'Hara. We might however liberate the realm from the misguided current overlords :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: September 13, 2011, 03:36:02 AM »

I rather prefer it being unprovoked.  Wouldn't want to pull a Caerwyn now, would I? 8)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #147: September 13, 2011, 05:47:00 AM »
Caerwyn didn't give us a good reason to attack them. They attacked us. They broke a federation to attack Sanguis Astroism. We just kicked ass afterwards.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: September 13, 2011, 05:54:47 AM »
Caerwyn didn't give us a good reason to attack them. They attacked us. They broke a federation to attack Sanguis Astroism. We just kicked ass afterwards.

Precisely.

Had it been the other way around, they would not have fought alone.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: September 13, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
Why don't we just remove TMP and see over two months what the difrence is.
I bet 20 euros there will be more wars instead of less.

There is no need of such feature.

If we really want this feature, we could use this feature for a new bankers option, war tax perhaps?
activating war tax could allow lords to raise taxes with 3/5 % and activate the modified TMP feature, if you dont fight battles, tmp will hit hard, but only if you enable war tax.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog