Author Topic: Modifying TMP Training Reductions  (Read 85020 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying TMP Training Reductions
« Reply #165: September 15, 2011, 01:17:55 AM »
FWIW - Your BT realm is not considered "small" by the code. Therefore you don't get the small realm protections built into the TMP code.

Seriously?

Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na       few players, tiny realm, many enemies   

Talk about being inconsistent. If Fheuv'n isn't small, then what the hell is? 1 tiny city with 6 rurals... Are you telling me that the acquisition of this sixth rural made the game no longer consider my realm as "small" when it comes to TMP, and therefore decided to punish us for growing, when the region has yet to increase our overall income in any significant way?

There are just so many things totally wrong about how TMP is affecting Fheuv'n right now. It's really trying to punish everything except one thing: participating in constant mindless huge blob battles. No tactics. No takeovers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: September 15, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »
Talk about being inconsistent. If Fheuv'n isn't small, then what the hell is? 1 tiny city with 6 rurals...
I don't know the exact requirements for size when it comes to the TMP script. Different game mechanics don't use the same limits, and I really don't have them all memorized. What I do know is that Fheuve-whatever is above that limit.

There are just so many things totally wrong about how TMP is affecting Fheuv'n right now. It's really trying to punish everything except one thing: participating in constant mindless huge blob battles. No tactics. No takeovers.
I agree that TMP has some issues. That's why we are looking at revising how it works.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: September 15, 2011, 02:54:07 AM »
I agree that TMP has some issues. That's why we are looking at revising how it works.

In the meantime, I have to pray, because if TMP affects our regions as I saw it do to Paisly in D'Hara, all of our regions are going to revolt while our army is abroad...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: September 15, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »
In the meantime, I have to pray, because if TMP affects our regions as I saw it do to Paisly in D'Hara, all of our regions are going to revolt while our army is abroad...

Welcome to the fun of playing a game that is in constant beta :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #169: September 17, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »
Strength:    17 men
Training:    0 %
Weapons/Armour:    34% / 56%
Damage:   20 %
Morale:   0 %
Cohesion:   27 %
Combat Strength:   58

I didn't even know that 0% would be allowed.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: September 17, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Strength:    17 men
Training:    0 %
Weapons/Armour:    34% / 56%
Damage:   20 %
Morale:   0 %
Cohesion:   27 %
Combat Strength:   58

I didn't even know that 0% would be allowed.

Wait 'till next turn, it'll loop back to >9000 training and morale!

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: September 17, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
Well, TMP is now ACTIVELY reducing wars.

Fissoa is currently so crippled by TMP that they are unable to actually send an army to Madina - they can't fight a war because of TMP.  Irony much? 

Now, That's some awesome game mechanics right there.     Stick = fail.  Carrot = good.   

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: September 17, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
So send your piece of crap, 0% training army, lose it, getting rid of the TMP penalties in the process, recruit a decent one, and go hit them again.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: September 17, 2011, 09:11:13 PM »
So send your piece of crap, 0% training army, lose it, getting rid of the TMP penalties in the process, recruit a decent one, and go hit them again.

But how silly is it that a realm can't prepare itself rightfully for a war? Build up, save some gold, build their army and then go attack.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: September 17, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »
And I'll just say this, too, because someone has to say it: GDoF has been sitting on its ass for *years* doing nothing. Never fighting any meaningful war with anyone. Now when TMP penalties finally hit, it's suddenly TMP's fault that they can't attack anyone? That's a load of crap.

TMP is obviously not perfect. But it's also not the reason that certain realms aren't fighting.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #175: September 17, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

Oh, the idiocy involved in TMP is making my nose bleed profusely.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: September 17, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »
And that's the perfect attitude to take to motivate the dev team to change it, too.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: September 17, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »

This is exactly what I'm going to try to get them to do.

However IC reason why. . . I'm really at a loss.  I can't afford to send my 15K army to lose a fight because GDoF has a force that should be 15K and is 3K instead.

The fact that it's an OOC work around is more the problem for me.

I can't justify telling them to throw their army against Candiels because it sucks.   But that's exactly WHAT they need to do.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: September 17, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Can't you just flat out tell them that his army is weak and poorly trained, and that he needs to recruit a new one? It's the OC truth, right? Of course, you'll probably need to be more diplomatic than that.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: September 17, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
Can't you just flat out tell them that his army is weak and poorly trained, and that he needs to recruit a new one? It's the OC truth, right? Of course, you'll probably need to be more diplomatic than that.

Yes, but the TMP will still be hitting them, and the resulting loss of training will still have severe impacts on their forces.  Recruiting an entire new army will take several days, assuming they are harsh drafting, then it's a good week travel time with Siege Engines. 

They will still have a much weaker army than they started out with.  And the confound is the battle and refit times will probably STILL see TMP hitting them on their return -.-

At this point I'm hoping TMP hits Aurvandil so they lose troop strength so I can attack -.-  lol.