Author Topic: Population  (Read 15669 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Population
« Topic Start: January 07, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
No. 2 chars per continent ain't coming back.

What we need is a system which allows realms with higher density to expand more easily while making realms with low density to have trouble holding on to regions.

I don't really get why we went down the path of trying to limit realm sizes based on the region count instead of the noble to region density. I think large realms are fine as long as their density is high. Well managed and highly populated realms should be rewarded while less denser realms like Fissoa or LN should probably only be able to keep half of their current regions at most.

Some people think having more realms is better and I can get behind that but what is the point of having many small realms when they only have 5 nobles per realm? You need at least 15 to have a realm that even bothers to send a letter or two per turn. Realms with less than 10 nobles are usually very quiet and hard to motivate. Personally, I think we should be merging those realms. Large realms are not bad if they are active. I think activity should come first to increase player retention. Instead we are going backwards.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:37:12 PM by Zakky »