Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555379 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #105: March 18, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
That's all good and well, but Coria was the aggressor in this war, and made a rather ludicrous and unprovoked demand. If someone attacked my realm under that pretense and then sued for peace when his capital was sacked, I'd make him pay out the nose to get peace, and not just give up a claim to one region he doesn't even own anymore.

I don't think you understand how long Coria has been seeking peace. We had been in peace talks for well over a month before our capitol was sacked. We'd even already agreed to terms, and this was also while Nazia was still a region of Coria's. In fact, we agreed to terms once with Kerwin, and then he had to come back later and ask for more in order to satisfy the desires of his realm and allies. We agreed to these immediately as well. The fact is that the treaty was agreed upon well in advance of the sacking of Barad Falas. In fact, the only reason the city was sacked was because Merlin was trying to deliver the treaty to Eston via the new treaty system that was already agreed to be signed.

The access to CE we wanted is a joke. We have exactly one point of entry that takes us through mountains, where our men starve to death due to lack of food only to be greeted by an army sitting behind a wall.

You're right the access that you have to CE is a joke. However, if you want to go through "Coria" We can ONLY offer you passes through mountains. Coria's only connection to CE is through a mountain pass via Nazia or Galadia. If you want to take another entrance into CE, you either have to enter through Tara (roundabouts Tarasac) or through the rural regions of Talerium (which are "off limits"). So there should be no reason to complain to Coria. Coria gave you an entrance to CE and it is the best entrance that we can give you as a realm. It's not like Coria makes it a habit to go visit CE. In fact, even when my character did visit CE's capitol it was through use of Tara's lands.

Coria has done everything possible to rid ourselves of this problem, and it is only greed that has kept the northern alliance from signing full peace and doing exactly what they say they wanted to do: Fight CE.