Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555497 times)

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #120: March 19, 2011, 02:07:22 AM »
And yes the *current* treaty gives the northern realms permission to trael through Coria to attack CE. That's what Darka wanted. I think most of the animosity about the treaty actually comes from the first versions that were presented: Coria = off limits.

There is no 'current' treaty. The only official agreement is the one we have with Eston. The only treaty we have with the Northern Federation is an unofficial spoken one as they are not prepared to sign peace. That being said, Saeculo intends to honour it as best he can.

But I'll give you a hint, holding a proverbial gun at Saeculo's head is certainly not the way to go about gaining whatever you want. He's not that type of character, he's from a militaristic background and takes it as more of a challenge, a red rag to a bull if you will. He won't back down to that type of thing. Kerwin certainly went about the correct way of doing things, and as a result, it will help Eston in the future, as it will be remembered that they showed Coria mercy and there will be no bitterness towards them. It's also helped the Northern Federation, as we've met all of your demands that you wished for. Someone on these forums said that war is fertile, it gives birth to future wars. And usually this is the case, this war has severely damaged the relationship between Hammarsett and Coria, it could have done the same between Coria and Eston and there may have been a future war if both sides felt bitter to one another. Yet because of Kerwin this will not be the case.

Whilst we our loyal to our current allies, Tara, Talerium and yes, the CE. We are also now mindful of Eston, not particularly the other Northern realms, but I'd certainly say Eston. It's just a case of balancing our relationship with them and our current allies whom we are still loyal to. I expect this is the exact same case with Kerwin.

I am envious of Darka however, being able to enjoy the delights of War without having their regions devastated, and a lot of the time even being paid to take part in the fun! Hopefully one day everyone might take the party to Darka's lands :P

When I created Saeculo, he was originally completely against politics. He hated the political world favouring the more simple strategic military one. He was very brash, outspoken and told people exactly what he thought. Most of all he was honest. None of those are a good trait for a politician :P

Indeed, he only took over as Consul reluctantly due to the ban imposed on Duke Merlin because of that weird bug which banned him after his successful rebellion.

However, he now he does actually enjoy interacting with the political circles. I'd say Sordnaz and Kostaja are similar to himself in their 'warrior' attitude to things.