Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 554795 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1485: January 09, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »
Like staying away from the war?

Coria stayed away from the war as agreed until one of your allies decided to breach that agreement and attack Coria. Hammarsett plotted with Minas Ithil to supplant Coria with itself and trade the duchy of Shanandoah back to Minas Ithil in exchange for their support. If the northern alliance didn't want us to rejoin the war then they should have sought to stop their allies from breaking agreements.

Like agreeing to attack Tara? (Ok, this was not never agreed to do, cause you backed off when you had to actually do what you say).

Coria never agreed to attack Tara as you've said. You can twist words however you like, but what I have said is true. Coria has always stood by its agreements. The problem is that the North for too long has viewed Coria simply as a minor puppet which either they can manipulate or attack so that in your view CE can't manipulate us. I would think though that after Coria has successfully won two wars now against the north that we'd have earned some respect.

Anyway, what i meant was that Coria is sneaky and twists words and papers. I guess i already mentioned somewhere that written agreements are the !@#$. If you cant trust without name on the paper, you really dont trust.

Written agreements can clearly outline what each party wants. Goodwill and trust can only go so far when neither side clearly has defined what is expected of the other party. Why do you think the north has so often fallen into fighting amongst each other? Only Dictator Sordnaz is one who has properly managed diplomacy without the use of treaties.

I also think that there is a dichotomy between the north and the central realms due to government style. Many in the north expect that the single word of a ruler is always the full opinion of the realm which they represent. While that is true in the north while the ruler is a King or Dictator, that same regard isn't true for Consuls and Prime Ministers. For instance, while the Consul of Coria is representative of our realm's interests, all treaties require Senate approval even after all negotiation is done. That is why you can trust any agreement that Coria makes because the realm is behind it. Discussions leading up to an agreement though are simply that, discussions of possibilities.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."