Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555649 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #390: July 19, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
What exactly is the difference?
Well, your itemized list is hardly anything that I've claimed. But still, I do see differences.
1) I'm not convinced that the "agreement" that you think you had is one that you really had. And I'm not convinced that, at least in the case of Darka, that the agreement was violated at all, even if it did exist. Darka did not enter the east side of Coria until *after* Tara had already entered Eston lands on a looting run. Tara taking an aggressive role in the conflict would have voided the restrictions against attacking Tara in the draft of the agreement that I remember. But so far as I can remember, that agreement was never official anyway, and could probably have been considered voided by Coria marching south to help Tara battle against Caergoth/Suville/whoever-it-was.
2) Darka was involved in the war, sending troops, and fighting the war. Asking for terms to be included in the agreement to end the war can hardly be considered interfering. But yeah, I imagine that various realms try to influence others all the time. I mean, that's what politics is, isn't it? Influencing other peoples decisions?
3) Darka has done quite a lot to try and work with other realms of the north to bring together a consensus agreement. It wasn't until after that completely failed that we decided to just give up on everyone else and just start smashing things. But hey, smashing things is fun, so we all win in the end anyway.

In the end, it all works out. The entire continent is at war. And that's much better than all the sitting around, complaining that everyone was doing before.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.