Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555286 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #315: June 27, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »
Creating another "warpath" may not be the only solution, but it seems to me to be a solution. It would allow the north to cut a fairly direct line to Eaglin, Cagil or even, for the big cash, Calis. Of course, that would mean fighting the way through Talerium, but is that more or less appealing than the current situation? Not for me to decide, obviously, but its a question that should be asked if things are to change.

There is a saying that goes like this "outside the ball many songs are heard".I don't expect you to make sense from it so i will explain.When you are not in the problem it is easy to find solutions.Currently Eston has an open war with Talerium (and BoM so far helped them) and Tal+ friends  managed in the end not only to stop them from entering Talerium but to attack them to Nazamroth and TO it.

You really believe that just because Darka will enter this war and pass from Talerium it would sack Eaglin in a week?It is not as easy as you believe.Real leadership? What don't you people understand that there are talks for freeing the Cantril path without the collateral damage and noone is trying to work on that direction except Darka?

Does it have to be war when it can be held open with peace?A war is not just fighting and showing your teeth,a war is also politics.If Cantril ever opened it would mean Darka can pass and of course viceversa,but Talerium would not attack Darka as of course Darka would not attack Talerium.Crazy stuff huh?

You want to realize the problem?I will tell you the problem.Cagilan has an exceptional alliance and a very strong to the core.Tara Ce and Talerium are one next to another ,one strong Core and with very fast reacting military force.They have Coria almost securing their borders since passing from them means crushing into the forsaken mountains and BIIIIING the other way to Tara is closed and brings their army in as well,not of course to mention the fact they prepare the enemy of the upcoming forces.So attacking from there is idiotic.Thus one side and ally is totally secured there.

Then it's Talerium that secures the other path but also holds a neutral stance as long as you stand neutral to them.So who would like to have a void attacking border from the one side and an open one from the other side that yes it will work both ways but it will also bring all the war into 2 of the northren lands and some of CE.

The north doesn't have such a strong alliance and it seems poor in coordination as everyone (and by that i mean Darka as well) is trying to protect what it can.The only difference with Darka is that they always brought the largest combat force against CE but with that kind of attacks it was useless.

And it saddens me to see that all that is attacked is Darka.Why Darka is the weakest link again?Because they are the big bad mercenaries?If Eston declared war on Coria and did not sign that peace treaty we would be looting Tara to the ground and we would see then if CE would bring reinforcements to Talerium to attack Eston.They wouldn't.The most important and coordinated ally CE has is Tara and their lands are open for "rape" if you allow me the word.There are a gazillion ways to make this war happen but it requires a strong core alliance to face another strong core alliance.Our isn't working like this unfortunately.As a player this is my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:10:34 PM by Misericordia »
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: June 27, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
I think the real conclusion here is, Miscordia, that everyone can see OOC the reasons why everyone else IC is doing what they're doing. Eston wants to maintain a relationship with Coria and Darka wants to maintain one with Talerium. OOC I can clearly see the problems with each.

There are a gazillion ways to make this war happen but it requires a strong core alliance to face another strong core alliance.Our isn't working like this unfortunately.As a player this is my opinion.

And I think here is where you really hit the meat of the issue in this war. The CE alliance is old, strong and knows exactly what they are doing. They have been fighting wars together against Northern and Southern realms for years now.

However, this is the first time in my 4 year memory of the game that the realms of North have all allied to fight together. Traditionally, we northern realms argue and bicker and fight each other. We managed to not be fighting each other now, but we are still stuck in our arguing and bickering. Somehow, if we're going to win, we've got to figure our how be one cohesive unit without all the constant disagreements.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: June 27, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
However, this is the first time in my 4 year memory of the game that the realms of North have all allied to fight together. Traditionally, we northern realms argue and bicker and fight each other. We managed to not be fighting each other now, but we are still stuck in our arguing and bickering. Somehow, if we're going to win, we've got to figure our how be one cohesive unit without all the constant disagreements.

I couldn't agree more with you.Even if Darka had the oldest alliance with Eston and a pretty old one with Talerium..so far it used to fight on Tara's side and CE's side..not against them.I can see this and why it is creating a problem.

What i can't see is how will the north become a fist in order to do something and also ease the burden of Carelia.The peace talks with Talerium and a way for Cantril to open would be a relief for everyone, but i see no light to it because of this bickering.Even when we try to find solutions we sabotage them ourselves.It is a dead end.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: June 28, 2011, 02:00:09 AM »
He did admit he doesn't really know what is going on with regards to AT :)

Yup, I'm completely clueless. I put the dynamic map next to the diplomacy page and still can't really figure out what's going on. All I know is that Minas Ithil ain't doing much of anything.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #319: June 28, 2011, 02:24:26 AM »
Yup, I'm completely clueless. I put the dynamic map next to the diplomacy page and still can't really figure out what's going on. All I know is that Minas Ithil ain't doing much of anything.

I'm not playing in AT right now, but from what I gathered here:

CE, Tara, Talerium, Coria are the central block, fighting mostly northwards.

Darka, BoM, and Eston (not sure if the other northern realms are included) are a not very cohesive block against the central block. But Darka is friendly with Talerium, Eston is friendly with Coria.

Carelia, Caergoth and Suville are apparently fighting Tara?
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: June 28, 2011, 02:41:42 AM »

Darka, BoM, and Eston (not sure if the other northern realms are included) are a not very cohesive block against the central block. But Darka is friendly with Talerium, Eston is friendly with Coria.

Close.

Darka, Eston, BoM, Hammarsett are the Northern Alliance, currently fighting Talerium, CE and Tara. Coria is allied with the CE block but at the moment at peace with everyone.

Carelia, Caergoth and Suville are fighting CE, with a bit of Taran aid to CE.

It was continent wide pairing of North and South to fight the Central CE block.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: June 28, 2011, 02:42:02 AM »

Summary:

CE, Tara, Talerium are the central block fighting both north and south. CE is primarily fighting south, while Tara and Talerium primarily fight the north. Coria was forced out of the war earlier in the fight, and sits primarily neutral when not being attacked for no apparent reason.

The North is trying to fight to get to CE and has had little success. The South is primarily fighting CE, and losing quite badly because Carelia is being overrun continuously.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: July 10, 2011, 09:36:45 AM »
And the plot thickens: (for reference "us" means "Coria")

"A new war is breaking out   (5 hours ago)
Hammarsett has declared war on Tara.

A new war is breaking out   (4 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Hammarsett has declared war on Talerium.

War!   (4 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Hammarsett has declared war on us!

War!   (4 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Minas Ithil has declared war on us!

A new war is breaking out   (4 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Minas Ithil has declared war on Tara."

How will this affect the war? With every single realm now fully in the war, is the balanced tipped or will this not really effect the balance much?

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #323: July 10, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
The balance in the south is changing. The sheeple in Carelia can be thanked for that.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: July 10, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
On the plus side your new King seems pretty sharp, but I don't know what he has to work with. I also don't know what Caergoth and Suville are doing - they seem pretty unresponsive lately.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: July 10, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »
Hehe, well, Suville's just been very responsive. The balance isn't tipped though. Check your letters, I suggest (",)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: July 11, 2011, 07:40:51 AM »
Hehe, well, Suville's just been very responsive. The balance isn't tipped though. Check your letters, I suggest (",)

I would, but I find myself in prison. Talk about humiliating...

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: July 11, 2011, 11:45:40 PM »
I would, but I find myself in prison. Talk about humiliating...

Heh. I saw that in the turn announcements and thought "not a good start to the war..."  :D
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: July 11, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Seems like I missed a big battle. When I saw it I started running from York to at least get there for a bit of looting. Hopefully the armies won't refit too soon.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: July 12, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
Heh. I saw that in the turn announcements and thought "not a good start to the war..."  :D

Not for me anyway!