Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553176 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: The Current War
« Reply #330: July 15, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »
Muahahahahahaha! Tucha was left wide open and the Northern Alliance (funny how it is the same name as the group that fought the Taliban in Afghanistan, but that's a discussion for another time) struck with great force. Now Darka is at work demolishing the defences and burning down the military infrastructure!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: July 16, 2011, 12:23:54 AM »
Let['s hope it goes better than the last few time we hit (or tried to hit) Tucha.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: July 16, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »
Let['s hope it goes better than the last few time we hit (or tried to hit) Tucha.

Well, we *did* overtake the walls.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #333: July 16, 2011, 03:26:46 AM »
Unfortunately, I was wounded during the battle. That wasn't as bad as happened to one of our allies, whose unit lost two men, retreated. During the retreat, 15 men were slaughtered.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: July 16, 2011, 03:32:48 AM »
Unfortunately, I was wounded during the battle. That wasn't as bad as happened to one of our allies, whose unit lost two men, retreated. During the retreat, 15 men were slaughtered.

Ouch.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #335: July 16, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »
Yes, ouch.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: July 16, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »
What is bad luck but another man's good fortune?

Tara would agree. Harsh retreat, but at what percentage were they to fall back? Maybe went back too early, by the sounds of it.

The war is getting more interesting though. Suville pulling back from Carelia, Caergoth with a new Queen in spite of a successful rebellion, fighting pushing into Talerium and northern Tara and, well, CE still hurting Carelia far more than Carelia is hurting CE. Fun to take part in :)

Finton.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: July 16, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
With the north finally getting its act together (hopefully it stays that way) the loss of the quite pathetic Suvillian contributions (assuming 1. Caergoth's new Queen and I can't bully them back in or 2. they don't actually attack Carelia, and I'd say odds are pretty even split between those) isn't going to hurt Carelia as much as the northern armies are going to hurt the central alliance.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #338: July 16, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »
With the north finally getting its act together (hopefully it stays that way) the loss of the quite pathetic Suvillian contributions (assuming 1. Caergoth's new Queen and I can't bully them back in or 2. they don't actually attack Carelia, and I'd say odds are pretty even split between those) isn't going to hurt Carelia as much as the northern armies are going to hurt the central alliance.

I don't think that Carelia is in the position to bully anyone. Good luck with that.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: July 16, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
I don't think that Carelia is in the position to bully anyone. Good luck with that.

But if they bully anyone, it will probably be the family that twice betrayed them.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: July 16, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

No, Carelia's not.  Ishtar D'Anglos and Malcolm Bedwyr might be able to, though.  Unless something's drastically changed in Suville, the D'Anglos name should count for a lot and there are at least a couple of people for whom House Bedwyr means something.  And, you know, blatant treaty breaking tends to make people feel guilty and susceptible to bullying.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: July 16, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
And, you know, blatant treaty breaking tends to make people feel guilty and susceptible to bullying.

I don't know the full details of this treaty, and I'm going to state potentially a biased opinion, but Carelia has had plenty of time to honour their own side of the agreement made with Suville, which was in the form of land I believe? Additionally, there are not many realms or nobles on Atamara who are fond of the snakes and now that Carelia has elected one, I'm surprised there isn't more uproar from those nations who have a large religion base that view MS as evil.

From what I've experienced, Carelia's new leader seems extremely reasonable, and a nice guy actually, but this doesn't mean he isn't a snake worshiper, which is a shame as Saeculo doesn't dislike him personally. Not compared to the likes of Regulus and Sigurd. 

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: July 16, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
Suville not getting Wayburg is a direct result of Suville not being worth half a damn as an ally in the war. They were never getting Wayburg as long as Carelia didn't have Nida.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: July 16, 2011, 09:02:54 PM »
I don't know the full details of this treaty, and I'm going to state potentially a biased opinion, but Carelia has had plenty of time to honour their own side of the agreement made with Suville, which was in the form of land I believe?

And Suville has had plenty of time to put something actually resembling an army onto the front, which might have taken Nida long enough to get that land under the terms of the treaty.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: July 16, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
I don't know the full details of this treaty, and I'm going to state potentially a biased opinion, but Carelia has had plenty of time to honour their own side of the agreement made with Suville, which was in the form of land I believe?

Nope.  Treaty was that Caergoth got Ser'quea when Carelia got a city, which happened, and Suville would get Wayburg when Carelia got another city.