Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553777 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #165: March 20, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
Come now. Did CE have any say in the matter in the end?

CE: So how long can you hold the line, Coria?

Coria: Actually our capital is being looted because our Duke wandered into enemy territory on an invitation. We decided to loot Hammarsett instead of running TOs like we should have been. We're pretty close to surrendering here.

CE: Could you please try to hold on? Tara and Talerium are still backing you up.

Coria: Hey... Eston promised us some CE regions if we switched sides...

CE: ... Fine. Do what you need to do to survive.  :-\

Oh come on! You have to give me a bit more credit than that. You're making me look like an idiot when our two characters have known each other forever...

Not to mention you make Coria look very bad with that quote. You know that's not true in the least of how things went down.

P.S. They offered me chocolate, how could I not leave my capitol so I could get captured?

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: March 20, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
Haha. I'm sorry. You know I have to work in some counter-propaganda into this thread. Otherwise uninformed people who read this thread are going to think that Cagilans are all baby-eaters.

Let's try to keep IC and OOC separate here, even though this entire thread is pretty much a mockery of IC/OOC separation.

I agree that Coria did an excellent job on the negotiations. You have definitely bought CE more time. So there. ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: March 20, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
Cagilans are all baby-eaters.

They ate my poor little Jimmy!  :'(

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: March 20, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »
Cagilans are all baby-eaters.

Glad to hear one of you finally admit it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: March 20, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
They ate my poor little Jimmy!  :'(

He was alright, not enough meat around the bones though.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: March 20, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »
He was alright, not enough meat around the bones though.

Alright??? Are you kidding me? My old man's boots would've tasted better! ;D ;D
Forbes Family

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: March 21, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
Just to hopin and explain to bit Talerium and Darkas relations.

Eston is wondering why we dont attack Talerium?
Answer:
Because Talerium is our ally. We took a risk and put Eston above Talerium already when we decided to help Eston when Talerium attacked there(if it would have been only Talerium, we would have stayed neutral again). Both Eston and Talerium are important friends of Darka. Talerium have been securing our borders for a long long time and i would not throw that away just cause i want put my hand on CE´s pockets.

I wont interfere Taleriums and Estons relations, Eston wishes to counter attack Tal, go ahead... If i would be fair to Talerium i would defend them if other realms join... but i guess i wont do that... unless Talerium gives us free passage to CE lands :P

~Violence is always an option!~

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: March 21, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »
Caglians are baby-eaters?

Well  I do not believe that is true or there would be no Caglian children around, what I do know is that they ride on horses for fun and they use water to bath in and they prefer some kind of soap while doing so? Any Viking would rather eat their first born then to jump into water or even worse...drink it!

Pagans is what they are! horse lovers and they small like flowers and pine...
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: March 21, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »
I wont interfere Taleriums and Estons relations

But you will interfere in Coria and Eston relations...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: March 21, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
Of course, we don't even like you :P

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: March 21, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
Of course, we don't even like you :P

and Eston doesn't like Talerium? What's the difference? Eston and Coria had a border agreement that benefited both realms before the war, and wanted to continue it afterword but because that is the EXACT same thing that Talerium and Darka do, it is unacceptable?

Just pointing it out really...

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #176: March 21, 2011, 07:18:34 PM »
But you will interfere in Coria and Eston relations...

Well sacking your capital, looting nearby regions for fun etc give us some right to participate in all that treaty thing...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: March 21, 2011, 08:38:19 PM »
Let's try to keep IC and OOC separate here, even though this entire thread is pretty much a mockery of IC/OOC separation.

Yes, I rather agree. For me it's not worth discussing anything political like this on the forums because of this exact problem. It's a pity that this is where most of the posting is happening though.

Oh well.

PS, I love this emoticon:  ???

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: March 23, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »
Yep, i interfered(slightly) Eston & Coria relations cause their treaty with you made our job too hard. I asked Eston to cancel treaty so we could negotiate better one. There is big diffrence to interfere Ally vs. Ally war than Ally vs. Enemy war. We need Eston and Eston needs us, but nor Darka or Eston needs Coria. Thats why i think Darka and Eston can ask things from each other to keep common intrests going.

After initial "fumble" Eston handled situation well, they tried to find solution to problems... which i think we got pretty close.

I have also interfered Eston and Talerium war, by siding Eston when it turned to be gangbang. I didnt want to Coria to become my neighbour. I dint want CE´s "child" to be my neighbour. Even thought i agreed some points what Coria/CE/Talerium were demanding from Eston, but disagreed heavily actions to achieve it.

Same kind of interference Eston tried to do Darka and asked us to run over Talerium. We disagreed on that. It is perfectly all right to discuss realms diplomacy between allies. We are not always agreeing each other, but thats what friendship is... to get over disagreements without slaughtering each other.

~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: March 23, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »
Regarding both of the main points of contention in this thread as I see them (Darka refusing to touch Talerium and the Northern Alliance's anger about Eston's treaty):

The Cagilan Empire functions very much like a real Empire, particularly in the manner that they create and maintain client states to secure their borders. Coria and Talerium are two such client states. Between them, they shield the Empire from direct assaults on their territory (takeovers). If CE's territory is not in play, the worst the Empire has to worry about from the northern realms is a looting spree. Damaging, yes, but it's hardly going to end them. It's mostly just going to make them mad. At best it could help Carelia, but if CE has anywhere near as much gold stockpiled as I think they do then it's really going to have minimal effect on their war effort.

Not only that, but both client states contribute to the military might of the Empire. I know Darka always says that Talerium are their allies, but this notion is false. What they are is not Darka's enemies. They are very much allies and clients of the Cagilan Empire. When was the last time they *didn't* support CE in a military conflict? When was the last time they *did* support Darka in a conflict the Empire wasn't involved in? They are a part and parcel of the military and diplomatic power that the Empire wields. Breaking Talerium and turning it against CE would be a major blow to the Cagilans by costing them an ally and opening up their western borders. Leaving them alone is a mistake, as for the entire duration of this war they will fight for the Cagilans and shield an entire section of their borders. They might as well be part of CE for all that they have ever demonstated one lick of independence from them in recent years.

My contention is that we have no plan and no way to actually *destroy* the Cagilan Empire. As it stands, only Carelia can do any real damage by seizing regions. None of the other realms involved are in a position to do that. If the war goes against Carelia, the entire effort will collapse and be for nothing. That is one reason why the treaty with Coria was an enormous strategic mistake in my opinion. What needed to happen was that Coria needed to be broken and turned against the Cagilans. Then the northern realms could have assisted Coria in expanding into CE, giving the north the ability to truly threaten CE by taking territory. The same argument applies to Talerium. The mere existence of those realms as unshakable allies of the Cagilans protects the Empire and adds to its power.

If CE comes out of this war intact (even with somewhat less territory) with Coria, Talerium and Tara as allies still, then everyone that opposes them has lost. That's what everyone doesn't seem to understand. To break their power we must either destroy their allies or turn them against them. Until that happens, destroying the Empire itself might as well be a pipe dream. That's one reason that my character (who shares this opinion) views Eston's move as a betrayal. It guarantees that Coria comes out of the war intact and doesn't do enough to move them out of CE's orbit. Meanwhile it also restricts our ability to seize territory from CE. I know the odds against CE look long on paper, but they're in a fantastic position. They just need to keep Carelia moving backwards and they will win eventually. The whole thing comes apart without Carelia, and it is almost guaranteed that an opportunity to split the alliance will come up sooner or later. If they're smart they'll exploit the split between Eston and its allies.