Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553316 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #540: January 20, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »
Let the currying of favor begin.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: January 20, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Why? Abington 2.0 has already won Atamara. (CE)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: January 20, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
We already had an Abington II. We're up to Abington III.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #543: January 20, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »

I would appreciate it more if you just curried my chicken, or lamb.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: January 20, 2012, 11:52:51 PM »
The sad thing is I think Eston would be much more willing to attack Darka, it's ally, than Coria who is on the opposing side of the war.

Maybe. (Okay, yes.)

But then again, Coria never back-stabbed us and stole an entire duchy.   ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: January 21, 2012, 03:50:08 AM »
No, but they made Eston look like a fool, and punked the entire northern alliance.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: January 21, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »
No, but they made Eston look like a fool, and punked the entire northern alliance.

No, we punked the entire northern alliance (except Eston). And never really made Eston look like a fool, but we did protect them from an attack by Carelia...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: January 21, 2012, 04:03:34 AM »
Viewpoints, obviously, vary. So far as I am aware, the only people that don't think the treaty made Eston look bad are Eston, and the Corians that sold it to them. And everyone knows you can't trust a salesman to be honest about the goods they're selling.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: January 21, 2012, 04:04:59 AM »
Viewpoints, obviously, vary. So far as I am aware, the only people that don't think the treaty made Eston look bad are Eston, and the Corians that sold it to them. And everyone knows you can't trust a salesman to be honest about the goods they're selling.

But everyone knows Duke Merlin is as honest as they come...

(I wonder if I can keep a straight face going with this one)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: January 22, 2012, 01:51:54 AM »
Eston has consistently demonstrated that they care mostly only about their own interests; that's what the treaty with Coria was all about, and I *dare* anyone to claim otherwise.

You can complain about Darka's relationship with Talerium all you want, but that was a known fact before the war even *started*. Eston pulled the rug out from its own allies mid-conflict so that it could cover its own ass. They basically started hedging against us all losing before it even really got until full swing.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: January 22, 2012, 09:30:54 AM »
Eston has consistently demonstrated that they care mostly only about their own interests; that's what the treaty with Coria was all about, and I *dare* anyone to claim otherwise.

You can complain about Darka's relationship with Talerium all you want, but that was a known fact before the war even *started*. Eston pulled the rug out from its own allies mid-conflict so that it could cover its own ass. They basically started hedging against us all losing before it even really got until full swing.

Yep.

But Darka has been the exact same way. They've demonstrated they care little for anything except what directly effects or benefits them.

You're right. Eston doesn't care much for Darka. Darka backstabbed us and stole an entire duchy, what do you expect? Eston to be all lovey dovey toward you?

Thus is the problem with the northern alliance. It's a bunch of realms who don't traditionally get along, but are now allies of convenience.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

squirrel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: January 22, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
Thus is the problem with the northern alliance. It's a bunch of realms who don't traditionally get along, but are now allies of convenience.

Only without the part where they actually work together for any appreciable length of time. That being the definition of "ally", and all.
Never approach a vast undertaking with a half-vast plan.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: January 22, 2012, 03:38:05 PM »
Yep.

But Darka has been the exact same way. They've demonstrated they care little for anything except what directly effects or benefits them.

You're right. Eston doesn't care much for Darka. Darka backstabbed us and stole an entire duchy, what do you expect? Eston to be all lovey dovey toward you?

I don't have a character in Darka, but damned if I don't like them better than Eston by now  ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:05:15 PM by Geronus »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #553: January 22, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
At least Darka was going out to the front lines to do their fighting.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: January 23, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
At least Darka was going out to the front lines to do their fighting.

Uh... and Eston wasn't?

What the heck do you think we've been doing? Sitting around and playing with the grass?

We've been on a constant back and forth with Talerium and the Cagilan Empire for months now. We've successfully INVADED enemy territory and also had to deal with enemy invasions of our land. The front lines are IN ESTON.

I don't where the heck you get off thinking Eston hasn't been "on the front lines"