Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 558748 times)

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #630: April 12, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »
Yar, south seems to be brewing again.

This is kind of very nice war, even thought it has lasted damn long.. and looks like it wont end anytime soon.

Ofcourse if south could have pulled things better together from the start it would have been awesome... but lets hope they will unite their forces against EVIL Empire and its minions!

Fight for yer freedom! :P

Kind Regards: Good side!

I'm working on it mate. Hopefully soon the Southern Atamara is united and the Evil Northern and its minions will feel the pain they started. I do wonder how many realms is Northern coalition ready to sacrifice?
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: April 12, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »
I think he meant in the "promote fun"-kind of way. Not in the "we're scared we're going to lose everything so we'll make friends with one of our enemies"-kind of way.

Oh yeah, because when the Northern Alliance was trying to sack Barad Falas Eston was in major danger of "losing everything." What the heck, man?

If anything, making friends with Coria presented the possibility of both Darka and BoM turning on Eston and THEN Eston losing everything. How in the world you put together Eston pissing off all her allies as the "safe" route, as opposed to continueing a winning war against Coria, I do not know.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: April 12, 2012, 04:10:30 AM »
"I play Hammarsett. We like losing wars, and making enemies we can't fight on our own. These people that are beating us are all cowards anyway, but if we lose its not our fault."

Sorry, that's just what I read from that. And don't be mean to Eston, they're so friendly...

If we lose I'm sure it will be our fault. Certainly declaring war on all those realms wasn't the safest choice. On the other hand, I bet we're having more fun than Eston  8)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: April 12, 2012, 04:16:17 AM »
Oh yeah, because when the Northern Alliance was trying to sack Barad Falas Eston was in major danger of "losing everything." What the heck, man?

If anything, making friends with Coria presented the possibility of both Darka and BoM turning on Eston and THEN Eston losing everything. How in the world you put together Eston pissing off all her allies as the "safe" route, as opposed to continueing a winning war against Coria, I do not know.

I think you're overstating the risk. Everyone was pretty invested in war with the Empire at that point, for which Eston was needed. Coria is only one front of that war. And if you really thought that Eston might be destroyed if you made a separate peace with Coria, then why did you do it? I can't see that it would make things more fun for Eston - Eston was winning a war, as you pointed out, and few things are more fun than that.

Wait, why the hell did you do it? Either way, your complaints of boredom seem a trifle ironic now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:22:35 AM by Geronus »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: April 12, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
I think you're overstating the risk. Everyone was pretty invested in war with the Empire at that point, for which Eston was needed. Coria is only one front of that war. And if you really thought that Eston might be destroyed if you made a separate peace with Coria, then why did you do it? I can't see that it would make things more fun for Eston - Eston was winning a war, as you pointed out, and few things are more fun than that.

Wait, why the hell did you do it again? Either way, your complaints of boredom seem a trifle ironic now.

We gave him cookies....
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: April 12, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »
We gave him cookies....

Now why didn't I think of that? Damn you and your devious baked goods.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: April 12, 2012, 04:25:56 AM »
Hey waitaminit! Darka has all the cookies!

...or is that gold... I forget.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: April 12, 2012, 04:30:48 AM »
your complaints of boredom seem a trifle ironic now.

I never said my choice to take a risk resulted in more fun than anyone else. I was merely refuting the fact that you tried to say we refused to take any risks.

We gave him cookies....

Oatmeal Raisin, fresh from Momma Silverfire's oven. I couldn't resist.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: April 12, 2012, 04:37:09 AM »
Hey waitaminit! Darka has all the cookies!

...or is that gold... I forget.

It's gold...Why do you think we don't stop you from looting all of our regions for gold all the time? The cookies are hidden in the capitol, and when Eston attacked it, I just gave them a small portion to appease them and leave before y'all found it.

Cookies....the brown gold of Coria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: April 12, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »

Well, sorry. The only logical way to explain your move is that you wanted to reduce your battlefront and be covered for if this war failed. And maybe you wanted to piss of/copy darka for having a treaty with Talerium but you know, none of that is very risky.

Of course maybe none of these motives played in your decision but then I wonder which ones did..

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: April 12, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
Well, sorry. The only logical way to explain your move is that you wanted to reduce your battlefront and be covered for if this war failed. And maybe you wanted to piss of/copy darka for having a treaty with Talerium but you know, none of that is very risky.

Of course maybe none of these motives played in your decision but then I wonder which ones did..

Guys, its seriously the cookies...

In all seriousness though, I am amazed at how little people don't understand this situation or can see it from multiple viewpoints. Talerium and Darka have had a border treaty for years and years. Eston and Coria had the exact same border treaty BEFORE this war ever began. Eston's agreement with Coria was only to return to pre-war relations between our two realms.

By doing so, Eston secures their border, while forcing Coria out of the war. Eston is not to blame for Coria rejoining the war effort. (hi Hammarsett...) When that treaty was first signed, the northern alliance made a great gain in the war, and should have used it to start winning, but the only thing I saw was complaints about not being able to attack where they wanted to, and so the war stalled only because the northern alliance couldn't decide to work together.

Oh, and yes, lots of bribes of cookies.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: April 12, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
I guess what annoyed me most back then was that there was not even discussion with us about it, we were coming to help Eston against Coria/CE/Talerium, everybody knew Darka will not go against Talerium(or atleast should have known, apparently Eston had/have high hopes that Darka would attack Talerium). But i have kind of gotten over it... now i just dont see any reason Eston to continue war with Talerium. It is just two 15-25K CS armies staring each other at Nazam/Cantril border. There could become short window for any side to have a battle they could win, but losses would be huge on both sides and advancing almost impossible.

But what can you do? Estonites are eating Corian cookies at Nazamroth with some Darkans who are yawning their jaws off...

Ofcourse if there would be another King at Darka, who would not be such old and stubborn fart as KK is, there could be chanche that Darka jumps on totally Estons sledge and rolls on Talerium. I admit, it would be good turn to our coalition and would propably force CE to focus all its strenght to help Tallies.... but for now, only over my dead body.. or smthng like that :)
~Violence is always an option!~

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: April 12, 2012, 02:38:38 PM »
Guys, its seriously the cookies...

In all seriousness though, I am amazed at how little people don't understand this situation or can see it from multiple viewpoints. Talerium and Darka have had a border treaty for years and years. Eston and Coria had the exact same border treaty BEFORE this war ever began. Eston's agreement with Coria was only to return to pre-war relations between our two realms.

By doing so, Eston secures their border, while forcing Coria out of the war. Eston is not to blame for Coria rejoining the war effort. (hi Hammarsett...) When that treaty was first signed, the northern alliance made a great gain in the war, and should have used it to start winning, but the only thing I saw was complaints about not being able to attack where they wanted to, and so the war stalled only because the northern alliance couldn't decide to work together.

Oh, and yes, lots of bribes of cookies.

I disagree, and not purely because of Hammarsett's ulterior motives.

If it was such a great victory, why did the Northern Alliance become so ineffective after the peace was signed? We played together just fine afterward. BoM and Hammarsett didn't waste time pouting. We voiced our opinions and then sent armies west, and did so for some time. The problem wasn't discord, it was that we were put into a terrible strategic position where there was only one fighting front that it was easier for our enemies to reinforce than for us. Every time we went west it took us a week to get there, and Tara was inevitably waiting for us every time we did because they can get there faster, with less straggling and less equipment damage. Advantage: Cagilan Empire and allies. We attempted to loot CE more than once, but never really accomplished much because Tara would just chase us down.

The present spread front is far more to our advantage, and we've done well there overall. Just imagine what we might have accomplished if that front had stayed open the entire time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #643: April 12, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »
I disagree, and not purely because of Hammarsett's ulterior motives.

If it was such a great victory, why did the Northern Alliance become so ineffective after the peace was signed? We played together just fine afterward. BoM and Hammarsett didn't waste time pouting. We voiced our opinions and then sent armies west, and did so for some time. The problem wasn't discord, it was that we were put into a terrible strategic position where there was only one fighting front that it was easier for our enemies to reinforce than for us. Every time we went west it took us a week to get there, and Tara was inevitably waiting for us every time we did because they can get there faster, with less straggling and less equipment damage. Advantage: Cagilan Empire and allies. We attempted to loot CE more than once, but never really accomplished much because Tara would just chase us down.

The present spread front is far more to our advantage, and we've done well there overall. Just imagine what we might have accomplished if that front had stayed open the entire time.

There is really no difference between the current Front and the front at the signing of that treaty. The problem was that you insisted on going west to fight Tara when focusing everything you had on CE would have accomplished what you wanted. Blame your General's on that point is all I can say. There aren't any regions you're giong through now which you weren't allowed to go through at the signing of the treaty. You're just fighting an additional 10k CS, because Coria is in the mix.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: April 12, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
Er, what? Two things:

There is really no difference between the current Front and the front at the signing of that treaty. The problem was that you insisted on going west to fight Tara when focusing everything you had on CE would have accomplished what you wanted.

We did focus on CE. For a couple months. Did you read what I wrote? It was less than effective due to the fact that Tara also went west, and was always there to defend the Empire. It's not like we wanted to fight Tara, they were always there to fight us. We made multiple looting runs into CE, and all ended with us being crushed by Tara. Most of the battles weren't even close since we suffered far more than they did from straggling and equipment damage due to the much longer route we had to take to get there. I seriously doubt that our efforts did much in the way of damage to CE, which is the entire reason why we changed course and started to aim at Tara, to reduce their ability to defend the Empire, which they were doing very effectively.

There aren't any regions you're going through now which you weren't allowed to go through at the signing of the treaty. You're just fighting an additional 10k CS, because Coria is in the mix.

This is just... Not true? I clearly remember Munro bitching at me repeatedly (IC) whenever some idiot noble from Hammarsett decided to walk through Menedor on the way back from CE instead of taking the long way around through Elost. We were forbidden by the terms of the treaty from entering any Corian regions.