Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555092 times)

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
Re: The Current War
« Reply #690: May 15, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »
Not really...I mean just look at CE. You think it is their ruler who is winning their wars? Good Generals make empires. Bad Generals make Tara.

;) lol

I can say quite certainly that PM Elegant has been active behind the scenes working to ensure CE wins. By contrast he makes Suville's King look like a moss covered rock.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #691: May 15, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
Not really...I mean just look at CE. You think it is their ruler who is winning their wars? Good Generals make empires. Bad Generals make Tara.

;) lol

+1

A great general can be the most powerful dude on the continent...
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #692: May 15, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »
+1

A great general can be the most powerful dude on the continent...

That's just not true. It is the politician behind the general which is the most powerful dude on the continent. Or the guy with the money. Or if its all the same guy....well you're screwed if you're not him.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #693: May 15, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »
That's just not true. It is the politician behind the general which is the most powerful dude on the continent. Or the guy with the money. Or if its all the same guy....well you're screwed if you're not him.

You really think Enri couldn't influence the vote if he wanted to? CE is a republic; everyone gets a monthly vote on said politician, including the knights he fights tooth and nail to keep flush with gold.

Not that he's ever used that power, but it's there. His endorsement would probably be the deciding factor in any given election.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #694: May 15, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »
You really think Enri couldn't influence the vote if he wanted to? CE is a republic; everyone gets a monthly vote on said politician, including the knights he fights tooth and nail to keep flush with gold.

Not that he's ever used that power, but it's there. His endorsement would probably be the deciding factor in any given election.

Nope, Enri isn't a politician. When I was in CE he was a pushover as far as politics went. I mean he could if he wanted to, but the ones he's friends with probably have the control with the implication of his support.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #695: May 15, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »

The worst thing that can happen to any ruler is that he gets lumbered with a successful, popular general.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #696: May 16, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
The worst thing that can happen to any ruler is that he gets lumbered with a successful, popular general.

Absolute hogwash.  That's the worst thing that can happen to an idiot ruler who doesn't have a good relationship with his general and can't find proper outlets for his general's ambition.  If the general does well enough, make him a King, to your Emperor.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #697: May 16, 2012, 12:48:08 AM »
Agreed, generals can not accomplish anything if the politics are done incorrectly. A general matters in an even war, the current one on Atamara is an exception to the basics of the continent on how balanced it was. And even if a general would want to begin an uprising, funds  would be an issue if not loyalty. A monarch who appoints a general a duke is asking for it anyway.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #698: May 16, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
A good general cleans up the messes left by bad politicians ;)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #699: May 16, 2012, 12:59:44 AM »
A good general cleans up the messes left by bad politicians ;)

and a good politician makes everyone think it wasn't their mess to begin with.

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #700: May 16, 2012, 01:28:51 AM »
A good general cleans up the messes left by bad politicians ;).

It seems to me a general who starts cleaning up after politicians is just a politician who plays with the military. In which case there already is an awful power vacum in politidcs.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #701: May 17, 2012, 03:53:33 AM »
Ah, Atamara politic and the never ending war justifications. Wish I could participate in, but I not even a noble yet :P

Anybody seeing my realm General holding Unique Item in war? I help him crafted one ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #702: May 17, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »
Ah, Atamara politic and the never ending war justifications.

Everything you need to know about Atamara can be summed up with this:

CE is always justified in all of their wars and if you disagree, you can tell that to the huge gang bang of alliances about to destroy your realm. Therefore, just follow these three simple steps:

1. Fight on CE's side
2. ?????
3. Profit!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #703: May 17, 2012, 01:31:48 PM »
History is written by the victor :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #704: May 17, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
1. Fight on CE's side
2. ?????
3. Profit!

Sad, but totally and hilariously true most of the time.