Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555965 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #720: May 23, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »
The main problem for the current war, is that it takes weeks for armies to fight each other, at first it was something interesting but now......:

Huge Battle Fought   (25 days, 17 hours ago)

Huge Battle Fought   (4 days, 5 hours ago)

Is like watching Matrix Reloaded (too much talking and not enough action) and the army who win the battle only can stay on field for couple days before the 2 week back to refit and come back, while in that time the other army comes back and control the area, and etc. etc.

This kind of war would be great on EC, because on Atamara it doesn't matter how well you coordinate, there is always some one who sleep on the road or make a bad turn.

Anyways there was not improvement while The Empire was busy fighting Carelia, now that Carelia is barely out of the map and the existing joke-like treaties the Current War will be staled for a loooooong while.

Peace!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:58:20 PM by Sonya »

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #721: May 24, 2012, 12:32:35 AM »
Most of the capitals of the realms who are waging war are fairly far from enemy territory which makes it hard to get troops there. :( Maybe if we add some successions and many new realms ;) HAHA <-- funny
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #722: May 24, 2012, 05:55:39 AM »
The war feels pretty boring because the sides aren't changing. Its the same sides over and over. (Mostly. All that changes is the name of the realm on the front line, even though the lines are staying mostly the same.)

The island really needs a political shakeup, or one side needs a *major* breakthrough before anything gets exciting.

Some people really want to create a political shakeup (and have the power to do so) however it is VERY risky when the norm is no political change for half-a-decade. While perfect assurance isn't needed, it is nice to have at least some idea that something might work.

Another problem is that internal "not caring" about things has also affected a few realms who could have changed things up from what my intel says.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #723: May 24, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »
Some people really want to create a political shakeup (and have the power to do so) however it is VERY risky when the norm is no political change for half-a-decade. While perfect assurance isn't needed, it is nice to have at least some idea that something might work.

Another problem is that internal "not caring" about things has also affected a few realms who could have changed things up from what my intel says.

Also, more than any other continent, Atamara is still pretty heavily influenced by the "team play" idea which makes shaking things up particularly difficult sometimes.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #724: May 24, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

Also, more than any other continent, Atamara is still pretty heavily influenced by the "team play" idea which makes shaking things up particularly difficult sometimes.

I agree. Eston should split into three realms immediately. Two of which should immediately switch sides in the war and attack the third one.

You want to shake things up? You first.
------
qui audet vincit

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #725: May 24, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
I agree. Eston should split into three realms immediately. Two of which should immediately switch sides in the war and attack the third one.

Okay. Convince three Dukes to do it. I don't have that power.

You want to shake things up? You first.

Believe me, I'm trying.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #726: May 24, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »
Step down and endorse someone more radical.

Piss off one of your dukes so badly that they secede.

Attack Minas Ithil. They are a juicy target and don't have any real friends left.

Attack BoM. They are half your size.

Attack Darka. They took one of your cities. (Which will probably convince at least one of your dukes to secede, because, let's face it, Eston is still Darka's battered girlfriend.)

There are lots of ways for Eston to "shake things up". All of them involve putting your current position of power and influence at massive, suicidal risk.

So let's be honest with ourselves here. We're not refusing to shake things up because we can't. We don't do it because we don't want to. I say "we" because this applies to me as well.

At least CE still gets to fight battles.  ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #727: May 24, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »

That one is silly, obviously.

One or more of the rest of the things you have said have all been well considered. When I said, "believe me I'm trying" I meant it.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #728: May 24, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
Right. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.  ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #729: May 24, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
Shaking things up for Eston would be doing anything besides just sitting in Nazamroth and having a staring contest with Talerium & CE to see who blinks first....

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #730: May 24, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »

Piss off one of your dukes so badly that they secede.

Attack Minas Ithil. They are a juicy target and don't have any real friends left.

Attack BoM. They are half your size.

Attack Darka. They took one of your cities. (Which will probably convince at least one of your dukes to secede, because, let's face it, Eston is still Darka's battered girlfriend.)

There are lots of ways for Eston to "shake things up". All of them involve putting your current position of power and influence at massive, suicidal risk.

So let's be honest with ourselves here. We're not refusing to shake things up because we can't. We don't do it because we don't want to. I say "we" because this applies to me as well.

At least CE still gets to fight battles.  ;D

I believe you realize that all of you suggestions are for CE benefit….
Trying to win the war from the rear again?
The Northern alliance may be shaken-up, but I believe it is too early for the crows to move in.

And after Eston cruses its allies, who will help it stand against the CE? Or will CE welcome it in its alliance?
You want to stir and shake things up? Declare war on Tara, or even Coria or Talerioum. God knows the last 2 are ripe as peaches.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #731: May 24, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
I believe it is too early for the crows to move in.

But taking advantage of a situation is what ravens do best. Seriously. Did you even look at my family crest? ;D

Eston cruses its allies

Eston? Crush anything besides grapes? Are we talking about the same Eston here?

Maybe there is a competent Eston on some other island.  :o

You want to stir and shake things up? Declare war on Tara, or even Coria or Talerioum. God knows the last 2 are ripe as peaches.

You guys are the ones whining and screaming for "hope and change". All I'm saying is: "You first, please."

CE would be less beholden to its alliances if the rest of the island is not actively trying to kill them. And our allies actually help us, instead of screwing us over all the time, maybe taking a duchy from us when they could get away with it.
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #732: May 24, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
But taking advantage of a situation is what ravens do best. Seriously. Did you even look at my family crest? ;D

Maybe there is a competent Eston on some other island.  :o

You guys are the ones whining and screaming for "hope and change". All I'm saying is: "You first, please."

CE would be less beholden to its alliances if the rest of the island is not actively trying to kill them. And our allies actually help us, instead of screwing us over all the time, maybe taking a duchy from us when they could get away with it.

Because no one actually RP's a greedy, self-serving noble wanting everything for themselves in any of your realms...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #733: May 24, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

We would be crushing Talerium if it wasn't for you Cagilans and Kostaja.  :-\

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #734: May 24, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »

CE's alliances have been so very fluid and dynamic in the past.  ::)