Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 553319 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #735: May 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »
What a crappy island.

egamma

« Reply #736: May 24, 2012, 02:37:37 PM »
What a crappy island.

Then you can either work to change that, or go to a different island.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #737: May 24, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »
What a crappy island.

But it's our island!  :D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #738: May 24, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
But taking advantage of a situation is what ravens do best. Seriously. Did you even look at my family crest? ;D

Have you considered that i chose to say crow because of your crest?  ;)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #739: May 24, 2012, 07:07:03 PM »
Then you can either work to change that, or go to a different island.

But I prefer whining.  :'(

I am taking my second character there elsewhere. I thought Suville would be a good place to go and try to stir things up a bit, but I was rapidly disillusioned. Laszlo will hang around Atamara though, mainly because that's where he's always been. He's one of those characters that doesn't take too much of my time, so might as well, especially since I'm at the character limit on BT and Dwilight.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #740: May 24, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
But I prefer whining.  :'(

I am taking my second character there elsewhere. I thought Suville would be a good place to go and try to stir things up a bit, but I was rapidly disillusioned. Laszlo will hang around Atamara though, mainly because that's where he's always been. He's one of those characters that doesn't take too much of my time, so might as well, especially since I'm at the character limit on BT and Dwilight.

You didn't try too hard to stir things up... :(

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #741: May 24, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Didn't know Atamara had wars, real ones anyways.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #742: May 24, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
Because no one actually RP's a greedy, self-serving noble wanting everything for themselves in any of your realms...

Actually, CE exports them to our allies, but we turn them into rational, greedy, self-serving nobles first. They know their goose is cooked if they turn on CE.

You would not believe how well this scheme works.

We would be crushing Talerium if it wasn't for you Cagilans and Kostaja.  :-\

Yeah! And Eston would have gotten away with it too! If it weren't for you pesky Cagilan and Darkan kids and your DAMNED DOG!  >:(

CE's alliances have been so very fluid and dynamic in the past.  ::)

CE has made one new ally in the past year alone. Please show me a northern realm that can beat that. ;D

Didn't know Atamara had wars, real ones anyways.

AT gets very poor PR on the forums. We seem to get a disproportional share of whiners, and most of us are busy playing the game instead of chatting on the forums.
------
qui audet vincit

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #743: May 24, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
Put the Zuma on Atamara and we're all set for the PR ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #744: May 25, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »
While we at each other throat for the wars justifications, which side is Minas Ithil on? CE or against them? I am pretty confused ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #745: May 25, 2012, 09:01:03 AM »
Minas Ithil is allied w/ Darka, Eston, BoM & Hammarsett.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #746: May 25, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
AT gets very poor PR on the forums. We seem to get a disproportional share of whiners, and most of us are busy playing the game instead of chatting on the forums.

Interesting, a disproportional share of whiners + oldest island with longest players => ???

Busy playing the game => no chat on forums, so chat on forums => not playing the game.  Refer to the Dwilight subboard for funnies.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #747: May 25, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
Atamara is boring because it's always New Team X vs CE and Friends, with CE and Friends eventually winning. Then AT goes on a two-month lull as New Team Y forms up and CE and Friends relax and wait for the party to recommence.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #748: May 25, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
Atamara is boring because it's always New Team X vs CE and Friends, with CE and Friends eventually winning. Then AT goes on a two-month lull as New Team Y forms up and CE and Friends relax and wait for the party to recommence.

Well there's that, but I have found that even within the realms I have been in that things seem rather dull most of the time. Perhaps there are realms where things are more vibrant internally (CE maybe? Republics tend to be much more participatory), but I haven't found one since Norland went down. Most places I've been, many if not all of the people in power are deeply entrenched (like, they have been Duke/King/Whatever for *years*) and are not inclined to encourage the participation of others in their decision making. Often they don't say anything at all outside of closed councils for days, weeks or even months at a time.

This problem is actually not unique to AT by any means, but I have found it to be worse on average there than other places I've been, though that could well be a result of my own bad luck.

egamma

« Reply #749: May 25, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Well there's that, but I have found that even within the realms I have been in that things seem rather dull most of the time. Perhaps there are realms where things are more vibrant internally (CE maybe? Republics tend to be much more participatory), but I haven't found one since Norland went down. Most places I've been, many if not all of the people in power are deeply entrenched (like, they have been Duke/King/Whatever for *years*) and are not inclined to encourage the participation of others in their decision making. Often they don't say anything at all outside of closed councils for days, weeks or even months at a time.

This problem is actually not unique to AT by any means, but I have found it to be worse on average there than other places I've been, though that could well be a result of my own bad luck.

What about Barony of Makar? Eston?

Arcaea isn't bad, with minor conflicts popping up all along our borders, and the planned colony to the north.

D'Hara, believe it or not, is currently my favorite realm to play in. No war, but decent RP, and the looming threat of destruction from one or all of the following: SA, Luria, Aurvrandil, Zuma, Kabrinskia. Constant struggle to find food, embattled allies, repopulating a desert.