Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 559062 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #750: May 25, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
What about Barony of Makar? Eston?

Never played in Eston. I mean, I can't say I've seen everything AT has to offer, by any means. Not even half of it. I have played in Darka, BoM, Hammarsett, Norland and Suville.

BoM was slow while I was there, and I was there for quite a while, at least a year IRL, probably more. It wasn't as dead as Suville feels right now, but it wasn't exactly an exciting place either.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: May 26, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
I'll be the first to admit that Eston has some pretty long standing entrenched people in high positions, mainly its Dukes have all been there for-ev-er.

However, they are some of the most active people in the realm and genuinely contribute and do their jobs, so its hard to justify trying to get rid of them (even if I could).
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: May 26, 2012, 12:50:41 AM »
Time to kill a few Dukes.  ::)
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: May 26, 2012, 02:39:57 AM »
Never played in Eston. I mean, I can't say I've seen everything AT has to offer, by any means. Not even half of it. I have played in Darka, BoM, Hammarsett, Norland and Suville.

BoM was slow while I was there, and I was there for quite a while, at least a year IRL, probably more. It wasn't as dead as Suville feels right now, but it wasn't exactly an exciting place either.

Well, that explains your problem. You keep playing on the wrong side. You should join a realm on the side of CE, like Coria. We're on their side, at least...for now.
However, they are some of the most active people in the realm and genuinely contribute and do their(Dukes) jobs, so its hard to justify trying to get rid of them (even if I could).

There are always justifications for getting rid of Dukes. Here's an easy one: You want their power for yourself.

The hard part is getting away with it and not pissing them off, while leaving them in a position where they can use that pissed off position.

Time to kill a few Dukes.  ::)

Naw...The Dukes are the ones most able to change things up for people. Assuming they are doing their job right.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754: May 26, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »
The dukes are also the ones who can really lock a realm in and stop any change. That's why you replace them, and get someone with a new plan in place.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #755: May 26, 2012, 03:16:09 AM »
Well, that explains your problem. You keep playing on the wrong side. You should join a realm on the side of CE, like Coria. We're on their side, at least...for now.
There are always justifications for getting rid of Dukes. Here's an easy one: You want their power for yourself.

The day Coria turns against the Empire, I will eat my hat.

There see, now you have to do it just so that you can make me eat my hat.  ;D

I might give either CE or Coria a try at some point, but we'll see. I really don't personally care for the dynamic that the Cagilan alliance bloc has fostered on the island since I've been on the downside of it pretty much my entire time playing, so it's a tough sell even though I recognize that part of CE's secret is probably that it is a fairly active realm with a lot of player participation and buy-in (suggesting that it's probably a pretty fun place to play in actuality).

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #756: May 26, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »

Meh, I'm the King! And they are pretty pro-"do what the King says." It's a sweet gig.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: May 26, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »

I bet you don't even have a hat.  >:(
------
qui audet vincit

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #758: May 26, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
I'll buy him one just to watch him eat it :D

Eirikr

« Reply #759: May 27, 2012, 08:03:09 PM »
Minas Ithil is allied w/ Darka, Eston, BoM & Hammarsett.

You sure on that one? Sometimes, my BoM character really can't tell. Having a character in both Coria and BoM, I can make a perfect comparison: MI is like the North's Tara.

Um... for no reason in particular... by "turn against", do you count only actual military action against them? I'm just trying to see how soon you'll need salt and pepper for that hat.  ;) Also, if you don't have a hat yet, I'd suggest getting one made out of bacon. (Then, if you do have to eat it, it'll be DELICIOUS. If you don't, well, you've still got an awesome hat.)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: May 27, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
You sure on that one? Sometimes, my BoM character really can't tell. Having a character in both Coria and BoM, I can make a perfect comparison: MI is like the North's Tara.

That's a terrible comparison. I'm pretty sure Tara at least has a strong army. Coria has a stronger military than Minas Ithil at this point. (As well as the 2nd strongest army/per noble on the continent)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: May 27, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »
Um... for no reason in particular... by "turn against", do you count only actual military action against them?

I kind of fail to see how else it would work. I don't think saying 'no' to them about something really counts as 'turning against' them.

However, you've intrigued me. Maybe I should start looking up recipes for 'hat'.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #762: May 28, 2012, 04:28:35 AM »

I don't have much to say either way about the quality of our army currently but MI troops are fighting & dying alongside the other allied armies of the North. But, in my opinion MI being on the North's side is why Hammarsett is on the frontlines instead of BoM. and I say that as the player whose character was King prior to MI's current ruler.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: May 29, 2012, 02:04:54 AM »
I don't have much to say either way about the quality of our army currently but MI troops are fighting & dying alongside the other allied armies of the North. But, in my opinion MI being on the North's side is why Hammarsett is on the frontlines instead of BoM. and I say that as the player whose character was King prior to MI's current ruler.
Sound like MI could use a few more Unique Items and a few more nobles eh? ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eirikr

« Reply #764: May 29, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »

That much is true. I will also give MI a little more credit and say they DO have an army. It just... doesn't happen to be in the same place as everyone else. (I'll be fair, not always. It's been less frequent as of the past few months.)