Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 555701 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #870: July 03, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Well, things did get interesting behind closed doors up north for a few days but seems like everyone has calmed down now. If it had worked, Dante would be bragging right now. It was a good try though.

Meh..from my point of view it was an offer from someone who lacked the authority to actually hold up his end of the bargain. So no wonder the idea died down.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #871: July 03, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
Who stick with their words :) Cause thats pretty much only thing what is keeping us together.

That's a load of BS.

The only thing keeping the North together is the collective fear of destruction at the hand of CE. To say that they are honorable and keep their word is crazy. The north is renowned for fighting each other and taking lands from allies all the time. If it wasn't for CE, that's exactly what they'd be doing right now.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872: July 03, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
Hey! That's an honorable noble pasttime!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #873: July 03, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
Hey! That's an honorable noble pasttime!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stabbing people in the back, I played a character in Luria for a while. I'm just saying that's how the North was before they decided to get all noble and fight the big bad wolf.

Meh..from my point of view it was an offer from someone who lacked the authority to actually hold up his end of the bargain. So no wonder the idea died down.

Think what you will, but you're wrong.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #874: July 03, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
That's a load of BS.

The only thing keeping the North together is the collective fear of destruction at the hand of CE. To say that they are honorable and keep their word is crazy. The north is renowned for fighting each other and taking lands from allies all the time. If it wasn't for CE, that's exactly what they'd be doing right now.

Yeah, and that actually sounds fun, unlike this terribly boring war of attrition. Someone switch sides already, or do something, anything to liven this mausoleum up!

When I ruled Hammarsett I took a big risk and declared war on half the island when I really didn't need to, out of (IC) principle and (OOC) desire to shake things up, and for a little while at least it livened things up for Hammarsett and hopefully for some other realms as well (though now it's sunk into a kind of rut). I wish more rulers would consider taking such steps even if it would put their realm at risk.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #875: July 04, 2012, 12:47:50 AM »
The north is renowned for fighting each other and taking lands from allies all the time. If it wasn't for CE, that's exactly what they'd be doing right now.

No kidding.

The Darkan King has the nerve to preach to my face about how we need be "trustworthy" and stuff while Darkan banners still fly over Massillion. What a freaking insult.

He's the Duke of Barad Falas... in a realm that consist almost completely out of the Duchy of Barad Falas.... what?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #876: July 04, 2012, 12:56:01 AM »
He's the Duke of Barad Falas... in a realm that consist almost completely out of the Duchy of Barad Falas.... what?

Not ruler so as far as diplomacy between realms go he's a nobody.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877: July 04, 2012, 01:11:04 AM »
I heard  long ago about a "HAT" eating contest somewhere.....i'm about to change channel... nothing happening here...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #878: July 04, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »

btw, my city's tax this week: 4673. Tell me I'm not powerful.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #879: July 04, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »
btw, my city's tax this week: 4673. Tell me I'm not powerful.

You can't actually push the diplomacy buttons! That means there is no way you could have any influence over the diplomacy of your realm at all!! Haha! You unpowerful nobody!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #880: July 04, 2012, 01:29:17 AM »
That means there is no way you could have any influence over the diplomacy of your realm at all!!
Not true, if he used his money and position to influence enough of the realm's members, I would think that the ruler would be influenced to do that particular diplomacy level though that still doesn't gurantee it to happen.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #881: July 04, 2012, 01:31:26 AM »
Not true, if he used his money and position to influence enough of the realm's members, I would think that the ruler would be influenced to do that particular diplomacy level though that still doesn't gurantee it to happen.

>_>

I was being sarcastic.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882: July 04, 2012, 01:34:11 AM »
It's exactly that guarantee that's the issue. It all comes down to this: if it's not the ruler that agrees, it's worthless. If you really have the pull to get the ruler to agree, then get it, then come talk.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #883: July 04, 2012, 02:03:25 AM »
It's exactly that guarantee that's the issue. It all comes down to this: if it's not the ruler that agrees, it's worthless. If you really have the pull to get the ruler to agree, then get it, then come talk.
Very true.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #884: July 04, 2012, 02:04:25 AM »
>_>

I was being sarcastic.
After rereading your post, I feel dumb for not realizing that.
― G.K. Chesterton